April 27, 2013

Early Bird


After last weekend's chaos, I was really looking forward to taking it easy this weekend.  However, Patrick and I have at least something (wedding, birthday party, walks for causes, etc.) lined up every single weekend until June.

So when I got the email from Goodwill that it was half off Saturday, I didn't rush to make plans.  But when Sally told me that there were also 99 cent jean doorbusters, I set my alarm.  Not for me.  I have 37 pairs of jeans.  But Patrick and the kids could certainly use a re-up.

So early I rose.  I made a killing at Goodwill--several jeans and shirts and shorts for all!  And half off!  And an extra 20% for being a rewards member!  While I was at being up so early, I decided to make a morning of it for myself and go to the Farmer's Market while I was at it.  Patrick, the kids and I have grown an addiction to a certain Lemon White Chocolate bread.  Oh yes.  You heard right.  Amaaaaaazing. 

I was no sooner home and gloating about my tag poppin' than it was time to head out for my cousins' kids' birthday parties.  It was an absolutely gorgeous day and the party was at the park.  So I did the usual--photo stalked everyone, played with my nieces and nephews and hung out with my siblings. 

We laughed, we ate, we played kickball, I got some sun on my legs FINALLY and now I have cheese and nut stuffed shells in the oven.  A pretty freaking amazing Saturday if I do say so.  Totally worth the alarm. 

White Shorts-thrifted; Olive Button Down Blouse-thrifted; Yellow Moccasins-Target; Beaded Cuff-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs