April 25, 2013

Thursday Mixer--White Blazer


Today's Thursday Mixer is to prove a point to an attorney in my office.  One of his clients came in and was commenting on how much she loved my dress.  I told her (vaguely, of course) about my blog and told her that most of what I wear is thrifted.  "Like this blazer," I explained, "that I got for $6 two years ago and I've worn it like 20 times!" 

The attorney in question happened to walk by at that moment and guffawed.  "Ha," he says, "You've never worn a piece of clothing twenty times!"  Knowing he was probably close to accurate, I answered, "Yes I do but you people don't realize it because I wear it with different stuff.  It's like camouflage."   

1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, Now

As you can see, I didn't make it to a documented 20, but 8 times in 2 years still brings the cost per wear of this blazer down to  $0.75.  Not too shabby.  And the great thing about this white blazer is how well it works in nearly every season and with so much in my closet--from dresses to jeans to skirts to shorts to trousers.

I just love figuring out that a piece I've thrifted for pennies on the dollar can stretch so far--don't you?  Have you thrifted any staples?

Pear Print Shift Dress-c/o eShakti; White Blazer-Ann Taylor, thrifted; Cognac Knee High Boots-thrifted and gifted; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs