April 8, 2013

Mission Monday #6--Black and White


As we await the Spring Blizzard '13 Take Four (yes, you heard that right . . . we are expecting more snow . . . again . . . siiiiiigh), let's talk about brighter things like next week's challenge for Mission Week!

Although it is marked as the "trend of the season", black and white have been a classic combination since the dawn of fashion.  It can be graphic, classic, edgy and professional.  So next week, that's what we'll be doing in these parts of the woods.

As a girl that loves color and pattern, this will be a real challenge for me!  A week without color?  Eh gads. But I think I'll be able to pull it off.  I have a lot of ideas floating around all ready!

So, next week, from Monday, April 15th through Friday, April 19th, be sure to wear your black and white.  You can participate all week, one day, whatever you like!  Just add the button below to the post and be sure to link up on Friday, April 19th.

As excited as I am about next week, I'm going to savor the best Monday I've had in a long time. First of all, I got to have lunch with Peggy, which was so, so awesome!  Peggy was an attorney at our firm who left a year ago to open her own firm downtown Denver.  I haven't seen her since she left and it was so great to catch up!

But the major highlight of today was that I finally, finally got to see my kiddos!  They went to their dad's for spring break 10 days ago and I got to pick them up today!  I missed them so much and I cannot wait to hang out with them tonight!

I am also making Roasted Veggie and Black Bean Burritos for dinner.  Mmmm mmmm mmmm.  It has been three weeks-ish since I had any meat.  The most processed food I've eaten have been Nature Valley granola bars.  And most impressively, I haven't had Dr. Pepper.

So, now you know the drill with Mission Week by now.  Hopefully we'll have some participants!  It's been pretty lonely on the link ups.  Maybe spring will bring more inspiration.

Leather Pencil Skirt-thrifted; Military Jacket-Lucky, thrifted; Striped Shirt-thrifted; Tights-Target; Low Cut Black Booties-Old Navy; Leopard Print Scarf-thrifed; Earrings-Kohl's

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs