October 4, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Plaid Trousers


MusicPlaylist

I can't tell you how long ago I bought these plaid trousers.  What I can tell you is that they highly appease my punk rock personality.  And I love them long time.




And really what better way to welcome fall than with plaid?  Oh, by pairing them with leather of course!  And maroon heels (I refuse, refuse, to call it oxblood.  nasty.).

I may have mentioned it before, but when I was in high school, I was a bona fide freak of nature.  Truly. 

I wasn't goth--I didn't really go for the all black thing.  I wasn't a skater--I owned Jnco's, but . . . I couldn't get down with the whole grungy, unwashed hair thing.

What I was was some kind of mix between Punkie Brewster and Rainbow Bright.  My forte was hosiery.  

I wore some kind of brightly colored tights every.  single.  day.  I had everything from camo tights to Beetlejucie tights to every other color of the rainbow. 

I had every color knee highs, thigh highs and fishnets.  Bright green fishnets, yellow fishnets, purple knee highs.  I would layer them or wear them on their own.  I wore them under shorts, dresses, skirts, ripped jeans.  Everything.

Some people find my style quite eclectic.  Which I find entertaining because I am toned down to the nth degree since high school.

But something that I did learn from dressing like a weirdo was to be yourself, not to care what others thought of you, that the way that you dress should not affect how much you are liked or accepted and how much you can intertwine your personality with your clothes.

My junior year of high school, I kept a clothing log.  I wrote down every outfit I wore every single day and didn't repeat a single outfit for the entire year.  This was what style blogging was in the late 90's . . . you know . . . 12 years ago . . . whoa I'm old.

  Plaid Trousers-Wal-Mart; Mustard Ruffle Front Button Down-Kohl's; Leather Vest-Forever 21; Maroon Peep Toe Bow Heels-Payless; Elephant Cuff-vintage; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs