March 29, 2012

Pop Lock N Drop It


MusicPlaylist

First of all, my YouTube selection for today is just perfect.  Really is there anything more funny than marines doing the Pop Lock N Drop it dance?  No?  That's what I freaking thought!

You know what is a great feeling?  Getting back to being yourself after you've been preoccupied for a while.  I'm still very sad about Bob and I am still dealing with some very rough and saddening issues with my sister, buuuuuuuuuuut . . . 

I relish in the fleeting moments I've had in the last 24 hours where I can really be me again.  And "me" me is a happy me.  Take last night for instance . . .

My cuz and I had a date last night to go bridesmaid dress shopping.  And let me just say this--choosing to let my bridesmaids pick out their own dresses was the best idea I've had for the wedding.  Here's why . . . 

This bitch is busy.  All.  The.  Time.  I work full time, I have three kids, a fiance, bills, after school stuff, before school stuff, dinners to make, laundry to fold, a family to get together with and help and this blog to run.  I've got things to do.  So being able to have an excuse like a wedding to go shopping and just hang out with my friends and family is just unparalleled to anything I can define. 

So last night I picked up my cuz (Dawggie is her nickname . . . mine is Suds--and not for anything alcohol related--Robin Sue turned to Sue-Diddy turned into Suds) and it was like a breath of fresh air.  We goofed off and bumped Eazy E and Biggie Smalls and laughed and talked and acted a fool. 

It was magical and though she struck out on the dress, we hit the jackpot in quality B.T.A. time (that's an inside joke . . . trust me you wouldn't understand but know that it has to do with my loud ass sister). 

And we ended the night pulling up to her apartment, bumpin' Eazy E (and I mean it, I let my woofers riiiiiip that shit), dancin' it up in my Saturn and laughing like we were teenagers again.  She ended the night appropriately with saying to me "you can take the girl out the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out the girl."  Amen sister.

Currently, I am rocking the Notorious B.I.G. Pandora station and just lovin' it.  It feels good to dance again.  To smile again and laugh and enjoy life.  Which I have been trying to do more often.  

Ya pickin' up what I'm puttin' down?  As my son would say . . .

Yellow Cardigan with Ribbon and Ruffle Collar-J. Crew, thrifted; Lock Patterned Silk Top with Peter Pan Collar-Fun 2 Fun, thrifted; Tweed Skirt with Front Slits-Maurice's, thrifted; Platform Oxfords-Target; Yellow Hoop Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs