March 27, 2012

It's A Wrap!


MusicPlaylist

This little ditty was one of my $10 bag score from a few weeks ago.  As soon as I saw the color, I was interested.  When I tried it on, I was in love.  There were just two little problems . . .

A little wrap dress + small gusts of wind = front flap whipping open for the world to see.  Thank goodness I was wearing tights, but often through the day when I was outside I looked like this:

Problem #2 was that when I tried this dress on, I only wore it standing up.  It's a little on the short side.  When I sat down, well, the wrap parted and . . . let's just say that I kept my keyboard on my lap as much as possible today. 

Regardless, I was able to overlook these small misfortunes and maintain a love of my outfit.  I really liked the soft colors and the overall look. 

Today was fairly uneventful, for which I was grateful.  If you've been reading a while, you know that I have been dealing with some not so great things as of late and a slow day or two at the office is just what I need to take my mind off of things. 

Even though it is still really hard to get through the day without Bob.  I miss him a great deal and I am realizing just how much his friendship meant to me, it is getting easier day by day. 

Plus side is that I was able to set up a consultation for a florist and a hair salon for my wedding.  My poor little wedding has been put on the back burner for far too long now.  And I cannot believe how quickly the date is approaching!

A few other things that are approaching: Easter and my two younger kids' birthdays.  Conner will turn 7 on Monday and then Easter is the next weekend and then my daughter Brielle turns 5 on the 17th.  Yeah, April is a busy month for us. 

My kids are on Spring Break this week from school.  While it sucks because my younger kids are with their dad and I won't see them for 6 more days, it is also cool to have a bit of a break.  

No school also means no Kumon.  No packing lunches.  No waking kids up early and getting them ready for the day.  No rushing to get dinner ready and kids in the bath and in bed.  Just me, Patrick and Kaden--hanging out and relaxing in the evenings.  

So if the biggest stress I had to endure today was innocently flashing some bystanders in a park, I'll take it.  It could be worse.  

Baby Blue Wrap Dress-thrifted; White Shear Button Down-Ann Loft, thrifted; White Tights-Target; Nude Pumps-Vera Wang; Earrings-vintage from Grandma

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs