March 8, 2012

High Low Can You Go


MusicPlaylist

Oh.  Em.  Gee.  You guys.  Today marks the six month mark.  In six months from today, I am getting married.  This is insane.  I am so excited.  And also so freaked out.  Because as much as we have gotten done, there is still gobs of stuff to do.  

In other news, I am having footwear remorse today.  Yes, footwear remorse.  You see, yesterday was cold.  Today was supposed to be cold.  So, I broke out the boots my daughter got me for my birthday.  In the end, it worked, but had I known I would be able to go sans jacket today, I would've opted for some pretty pumps instead.  Oh well, there will be other times. 

I am feeling a lot better today than I have been the past couple of days.  Ultimately, I think my queasy stomach was due to one part stress and one part PTSD.  Seeing my sister go through the same stuff I have has been draining.  Dawn says that sometimes it is harder to see someone you love go through hard times than it is to go through them yourself.  I think she's right.  

I cannot believe how fast this year is going by.  We are already nearly a quarter of the way through it!  I feel like we just set our clocks back and this weekend we are already setting them forward again?  What the what?

Not that I'm complaining.  I mean, the sooner we get out of the cold, dark, wet, slushy, depressing winter the better, says I.  I am totally down for some sun laying, baseball watching, warm night time walking, poolside shenanigans.  

Remember how I told y'all that Patrick sometimes works overnights at the Air Force?  Well, tonight is such a night and I am all alone.  *sniff sniff*  I do miss him when he is gone, but . . .

I also get to lounge around in my pajamas, watching SATC reruns, blog reading, Pandora-ing and wedding crafting to my heart's content.  Not that I can't do that with him around, it's just always a little different when you're by yourself. 

Speaking of Pandora-ing, I have a new found station that I have been loving lately.  Perhaps it's because of the blah mood I've been in (read: constant crisis and drama mode), but I put "Marry Me by Train" on as a Pandora station and I am LOVING it.  Hello Adele!  Oh, how are you Michael Buble?  Jack Johnson--is that you?  Looks like the gang's all here!

What's funny is that this isn't typical of my music choice.  Normally, I am throwing up my metal horns and/or throwin' down some Bop Gun with the best of 'em.  But this station has really been my friend and confident over the past week or so.  

Speaking of awesomeness, I took Conner to the eye doctor today.  This meant a couple of hours out of the office hanging out with my favorite six year old.  I love all my kids and hanging out one on one with any of them is a treat, but this is especially true for Conner.  I have Kaden 24/7 and there are a lot of times that Brielle and I will have "girl time", but one on one time with Conner is sparse unfortunately.  So I really treasure any opportunity to hang out with him.  He is such a joy in my life.  

Also a joy?  Fridays.  Tomorrow is Friday!!!  And I have a ton of work waiting for me from the two hours I was gone today.  And Friday is always, always the busiest day at the office.  But I love that because the time goes by so quickly and the quicker the time goes, the closer we are to the weekend.  Can I get an Amen????

Cardigan with Elbow Patches-Mossimo; Maroon Turtleneck Top-Style & Co., thrifted; Mullet Skirt-Rue21; Fur Trimmed Boots-gifted by Brielle; Earrings-DIY and gifted

1 comment:

  1. I am totally loving this look that sweater and that skirt! Ahh so great =D

    Kelsey

    www.whentowear.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs