October 26, 2011

Thanks Colorado I Almost Forgot Where I Was



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Remember the Winter Weather Advisory that I guffawed at yesterday?  They weren't playin'.  We got about eight inches of snow.  Enough snow, in fact, to knock down branches everywhere, including on top of Patrick's Jeep (no damage done though, thankfully).  Seriously, our street is only one lane because of all the tree branches taking up the gutters.

But when the This or That fall challenge hosted by the lovely Megan of Megan Mae Daily and Keely of Casual Chic Kiki calls for me to wear a maxi or midi today, I still answer because I'm hard core like that. 

In all honesty, this is the perfect skirt for winter weather anyhow.  It is wool and super warm.  Enough room for leggings underneath without looking bulky and great for layering. 

Speaking of challenges, Rebecca of RWAR has a series on her blog every Wednesdays called Little Facts.  Today my three facts will be about me and my relationship with snow, etc.  Now that I have you intrigued, read on and be amazed.

1.  I am terrified of driving in the snow.  And by terrified I mean that I have driven in Colorado snow for over a decade and still won't go over 30 mph in the snow.  That's right.  I'm the one everyone is honking at on the highway, driving like I'm 80.

2.  My birthday is in February.  So I think that I have a vendetta against the snow because I never got to have a swimming pool or park or picnic birthday party as a child.  I was deprived. 

3.  Even though I'm a Colorado native, I have never been snowboarding or skiing.  And I never intend to.  Going out intentionally knowing you will freeze your ass off and have a high probability of coming back broken and/or bruised?  No thanks, I'll pass. 

Plaid Wool Pleated Skirt-thrifted; Grey Turtleneck-Wal-Mart; Leather Vest-F21; Boots-Kohl's; Socks-Ross; Red Peacoat-Kohl's; Hat-Kupu Kupu; Earrings-Wal-Mart; Ring-Kohl's


Photobucket

P.S. Don't forget about the $20 discount to eShakti's online store!!!! (Do you all remember this dress?) All you need to do is use the discount code ROBIN0811. The code is valid through October 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs