April 27, 2015

Mission #56, Day 1--BUTTON UP BLOUSES--With Jeans

 Everyone knows that a button up is a staple for any closet.  Especially if you work in a professional field (which contrary to most of my outfit choices, I do).  But this week, we are going to explore why by experimenting with the versatility of the button down blouse.

One way to wear a button down blouse is with jeans.  Add a blazer and you've got a pretty standard casual Friday look.  Of course this look is posted on a Monday.  And the blouse is sheer.  And the jeans are leopard print.  But let's not get all tripped up in that.

My mom brought me this elephant pin back from Barcelona last month and I love it so much.  Elephants have always been my favorite ever since I was a little girl.  Did you know that elephants symbolize good luck but only when their trunks are pointed up?  Just a little something for your back pocket.

Also special in this outfit?  This hat.  It is one of more than half a dozen that I got from Patrick's grandmother.  She is getting rid of a bunch of stuff from her closet and I happened to inherit several amazing, legit vintage hats.  This is one of them.

What's most amazing about these hats that I got was that they were about to be thrown out in the trash!  Patrick's grandmother didn't want them and her daughter wanted the hat boxes.  They figured that the hats were just junk so they were about to be tossed when Patrick's step-dad stepped in and saved them for me.

So now not only are they amazing in general (seriously, I have not stopped wearing them since I got them), but they are really special to me.  Not just because they are from Patrick's grandmother but also because Patrick's step-dad thought of me and wanted me to have them.

Also, I threw on this backpack at the last minute to give this look an even more casual and rock star vibe.  I love this backpack.  Every time I wear it I think of when I went to the Goodwill fashion show last year.  I didn't want to take my camera bag into the show, so I opted to keep my camera in this bag.

Well, if you recall, I was uber pregnant at this fashion show and Patrick ended up carrying the backpack for me.  He had it slung over his shoulder when at one point I heard two older ladies talking about it.  They were going on and on about how chic it was and how much they loved it when they finally asked Patrick where he got it.  Patrick looked at them and then at me with bewildered eyes and I just started giggling.  Now every time I use this backpack I think of how chic it made Patrick look.

White Blazer-Ann Taylor, thrifted
White Sheer Button Down Blouse-thrifted
Leopard Print Skinny Jeans-Jordache
Studded Fold Over Booties-Forever 21
Studded Backpack-Jolly Chic, c/o
Hat-vintage from Patrick's grandma
Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted
Elephant Pin-gifted from Mom from Barcelona

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs