April 29, 2015

Mission #56, Day 3--Open

One thing that button ups are really great for--layering.  And when you leave one opened and unbuttoned, it can be the perfect light layer to your outfit.  In this case, I also added a blazer to make the look more polished.

This was what I wore to a photography class with Denver Style Magazine.  It was also a rare opportunity where I was actually able to shoot my pictures in the golden hour of sunlight.  Typically, I only have time to take my photos after work in the early afternoon.  The lighting is always challenging because the sun is at the highest point in the sky.

I use tricks, of course, to make the lighting less harsh (because also, I have NO idea how to use Photoshop or any photo editing, so whenever you see my photos--that is exactly as I shot them).  I put my back to the sun.  I work with shadows.  I chose locations according to where I will need to stand with the sun.  

But nothing, nothing beats the natural sunlight of the golden hour.  So I took it in.  All of it.  And loved every minute of these sun soaked photos.  Ironically taken prior to a photography class.  Also, I don't think the skateboarders utilizing the skate park behind me really grasped the excitement that I had over the lighting.  In fact, they were quite annoyed.  Perfect lighting and annoying children all in one day.  #winning

White Blazer-Ann Taylor, thrifted
Chambray Button Up-thrifted
LBD-thrifted
Striped Socks-Target
Combat Boots-L.E.I.
Crossbody Bag-Coach, gifted
Necklace-Charming Charlie's
Earrings-Charming Charlie's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs