October 6, 2011

Fringed With Benefits



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

This coat is actually my grandmother's.  She gave it to me when I was a wee lass because I loved the soft suede and the fun fringe. 

I inherited many fun pieces from my grandma.  Jewelry, this jacket and a gorgeous fur.  My grandma was always pretty serious about her furs.  She had a lot of them and she even would have them stored during the summer.

I am not exactly sure when this jacket was made exactly, but I'm pretty sure it came from the 60's or 70's.  However, you wouldn't know it.  The suede is in perfect condition.  Not a stain, not a mark, not a single discrepancy. 

I paired it with this suede shift dress today even though I considered that it might be suede overload.  Surprisingly, it worked out very well. 

I have done my hair like this before.  It looks a lot more complicated than it is.  I have tried to get a good shot of it, but have yet to prevail.  One day maybe I'll get ballsy enough to do a tutorial.

I felt extremely hippie in my jacket today (even though most people thought I was trying to be a cowgirl . . . I could see that I guess). 

So, I heard the "s" word for the first time this season.  I called a client who is a truck driver.  He was driving in the mountains and asked if it was snowing in Boulder yet.  Ugh.  Gross.  It's only a matter of time.

This is why even though it was a little too chilly to bare my legs, I did it anyway.  Because you never know in Colorado just how much longer you can get away with it.

I got this necklace at the Fashion Show last week from Sifa Children.  They are an organization that helps children in Uganda.  They were selling a bunch of really cool and gorgeous jewelry, made in Uganda.  I bought this necklace as a small contribution to their charity.  I love it and it was for such a good cause. 

Suede Fringe Jacket-Geronimo, vintage from Grandma; Suede Shift Dress-Max Studio, thrifted; Python Kitten Heel Slingbacks-Bandolino, gifted; Cuff and Earrings-Kohl's; Necklace-SIFA children

P.S. Don't forget about the $20 discount to eShakti's online store!!!! (Do you all remember this dress?) All you need to do is use the discount code ROBIN0811. The code is valid through October 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs