October 2, 2011

Open House



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Ok guys.  In case you have been paying attention, this weekend has been a total impromptu Blogapalooza up in here.  This is my fifth post in one weekend.  This has been insanity!

But for some reason, this weekend has been ripe with opportunity, experience and beauty.  The weather was beautiful, the events and experiences were beautiful, the company has been beautiful. 

Today I actually had to go to work for a bit.  It looks as though I might be sitting home taking care of a sick kiddo (my poor baby girl) tomorrow, so I had to go get a few things in order in anticipation of my absence.

There was a jewelry open house that I had heard about a ways back that was going on in Boulder today for Dorje Designs.  I originally didn't think I would be able to make it there this weekend, but since I was in Boulder for work anyway . . . you know . . . when in Rome . . .

I, of course, took my camera to the open house, just to browse around.  I was so excited when I asked the artist if I could take pictures for my blog.  She was so nice and her pieces are stunning.  If you like, you can see some of them at the end of this post. 

Aaaaaand while I was out, I stopped by my new favorite spot to take photos on this gorgeous fall day.  Aaaaand I am currently topping it off with my favorite Sunday night guilty pleasure ritual--Jerseylicious.

All in all, I'd say not a bad way to end a weekend.  Hope yours were lovely!

Yellow Ruffle Button Down-Elle for Kohl's; Sheer Floral Skirt-Anne Klein, thrifted; Booties-Charlotte Russe; Cuff-gifted; Earrings-Wal-Mart; Necklace-vintage from Grandma

P.S. Don't forget about the $20 discount to eShakti's online store!!!! (Do you all remember this dress?) All you need to do is use the discount code ROBIN0811. The code is valid through October 31, 2011 so don't delay if you are interested.


These gorgeous pieces are just the tip of the iceberg.  To see more, visit their website, Dorje Designs.

I LOVED this necklace.  The beautiful pendant on the end was spectacular!  So pretty!

The coolest part of this jewelry, aside from it being gorgeous with beads from all over the world, but each piece had a story.  They had a booklet to flip through telling the story of each piece. 

Certain pieces are inspired by certain countries and certain rituals and beliefs and for certain reasons.  It was fascinating. 

I adored the cuffs above as well.  How great are they?



Anna Holland, the artist, invited me back to her studio to see where the magic happens.  It was like being a kid in a candy store.  So many gorgeous and ethnic beads. 

Anna was so welcoming.  She went into detail talking to me about where she gets her beads, how long it takes to make a piece and how long she has been in business (six years!!!). 

Anna also told me that she has had her jewelry featured in Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Magazine.  She had pictures of the spreads on her wall!  So exciting!

Some of Anna's work in progress . . .

Aren't these exquisite?  The top one took her about four hours to make. 

And here is the woman behind the magic, Anna Holland herself.  She says she doesn't photograph well.  I disagree.  She looks as warm and kind as she is in person. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs