September 25, 2015

Dear Frannie Friday--Morgan & Philip's Speed Shop for Men and Original Cowgirl Clothing Co. for Women

A few weeks ago I was invited to come and view a showroom at the Denver Mart for RBR, Inc.  Now here's the thing--apparently there is this whole huge buyer's market thing that I really had no idea about.  I didn't know what to expect when I went, but basically there is this HUUUUUUUUUGE warehouse looking place in Denver called the Denver Mart and inside of this very exclusive, members only mecca are vendors from all over the world who make their merchandise locally.  I know!!!!!  Boots and hats and shirts.  Cotton and leather and studs.  It was incredible to see.

So it's kind of hard to pinpoint exactly what Michael, the person who contacted me, does because he does pretty much everything.  He has a male style blog called the Gentleman Racer, he runs The Satterfield Group website and he has a car blog as well called Vintage Speed Style.   It's pretty hard to follow all that he does but the thing that brought me here on this day . . . was clothes (#natch).  And another thing that Micheal does is run a clothing line called Morgan & Philip's Speed Shop for Men and Original Cowgirl Clothing Co. for Women.

As a vintage lover myself, I really could appreciate the cool details of all of his men's line.  Of course, a lot of it was themed around racing--like this amazing leather jacket and newsboy cap.  And the print on this t-shirt is done by hand!  And made in a way that it looks all old and distressed.

This jumpsuit (in the back and below) is an actual jumpsuit worn by an actual race car driver.  The patches I believe are authentic and if not they are definitely handmade. 

This cross body "man bag" was bitchin too.  It's got the cool (vintage, of course) racing logo on it and a strong strap with a sturdy stripe down the middle.


The women's line was also way cool.  The shirts below reminded me of my mom who has a glamper and whose favorite movie is Up.  And do you believe that fringe bag????  Micheal says it is one of his biggest sellers and I can totally believe it.  Fringe is so hot right now.

In addition to all of the shirts, there were a lot of accessories as well.  Hats and scarves and the most amazing jewelry!  All of their clothing comes in a range of sizes--from larger women's sizes to children's sizes.  And the children's sizes also come in larger sizes which I thought was really great.

The thing that I fell in love with the most were the intricate little details of all of the clothes.   There were tops with dolman sleeves and, of course, various little logos and styles.  I mean, check out the lacy goodness on the t-shirt below!




As I said, they have a lot of accessories.  Here is a shot of the bracelets . . .


And some really cute signs around the house as well . . .  (btw that sign speaks #truthtalk)


It was definitely a really cool experience.  I was so stoked about it!  And did I also mention that Michael also runs and publishes the Cassidy Magazine?  Well yeah, he does that too.



Light Pink Dress-thrifted
Mint Cardigan-Target
Heels-thrifted and gifted
Nude Clutch-thrifted
Necklace-Empowerment Circle of Support from Avon
Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs