June 2, 2014

Mission #34, Day 1--Kristy Thomas


For the first day of this Mission Week with the Babysitter's Club, why not start with the president of the club, Kristy Thomas.  Kristy is a tomboy who loves sports and hates anything girly.  I did have to add a bit of bling, but for the most part, this look is pretty tomboy-ish.

As I've mentioned, I've been walking like a maniac trying to shed this baby weight.  I downloaded this really nifty app that Patrick told me about--Map My Walk.  It keeps track of the miles I've walked, how long it took and how many calories were burned.

So far, I've logged six walks and they equated to almost 15 miles walked!  Not too bad.  So when Brielle and I decided to walk to Wal-Greens yesterday--about a mile away--I didn't think anything of it.

We were about a third of the way there, it started.  "It's hot!  My leg hurts!  I'm tired!"  My daughter whined.  It wasn't incessant, but it was enough to make me stop and explain to her:  "Brielle.  I'm 32 years old.  I had a baby four weeks ago.  I weigh at least two and a half of you.  You're 7.  If I can do it, you can do it."

That pretty much ended that.  And when she stopped focusing on how hot and tired she was, she realized how short of a walk it actually was.  Plus, she got ice cream.  That always helps.

Grey Track Pants-Wayf from Nordstroms; Jeweled Collar Blouse-Kohl's; Black Blazer-A-List, gifted; Black Tennies-Target; Earrings-Charming Charlie's; Sunnies-shop in mall

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs