May 28, 2013

Mission #9, Day 2


Primary colors are some of the easiest colors to color block, making this look just perfect-o for Mission Week.

On this day, I had to drop my kiddos off to their dad in Loveland.  It is important for me to tell you that I loathe going to Loveland.  I hate that town.  It's small, it's boring, I spent a good part of my adolescence there.

Buuuuuuuut, they have a pretty impressive Sculpture Park with a bunch of really cool sculptures.  I even know a couple of people from high school, etc. that have sculptures there.

So, since I had the time, I opted to swallow my severe hatred for this town and take my pictures in this park that I hadn't been to in forever.  It is even across the street from my high school!

So needless to say, I got a little photo-happy.  Sorry.  But it was mostly to show you the cool ass statues, not the outfit.  Although, I have to admit it is one of my recent faves.

Often times I hear other bloggers talk about how taking outfit photos is such a chore.  Mostly because it's a chunk of time.  I usually take about 20 minutes, but that's because I'm in a hurry and that's why my photos are often less than fabulous.

For me though, this is the most relaxing part of my day.  It's only 20 minutes, but it's 20 minutes of peace.  I leave my phone in the car.  There's no child pulling at my legs, no clients calling, no problems.  Just quiet.

This is the time of day where I get to explore, even for just a moment.  I get to find little treasures in the city I live in, work in and frequent.  Little treasures that I never noticed really until I started blogging.  I get to play with my photography.

I'm a simple person really.  Give me a camera, a cute outfit and 20 minutes of peace and I'm all set.

Blue Shift Dress-Petite Sophisticate, thrifted; Pale Yellow Blazer-Petite Sophisticate, thrifted; Red Sandals-Payless; Watch-gifted; Sunglasses-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs