August 14, 2014

Mission #39, Day 4--Cargo Joggers

I got these cargo pants when I was (very) pregnant, but I just know they will carry me through beyond pregnancy just fine.  In fact, they are one of my go-to's when I need something quickly.  So of course I would give them a day during this Mission Week.

As I mentioned yesterday, I've been in full day mediation in Denver all this week and will be into next as well.  (BTW for those of you curious on my post yesterday, I went with Store A.)   The class starts at 8:30 and ends at 4:30 or 5.  The commute, with rush hour traffic both ways, is an hour to an hour and a half both ways.

We get a "lunch break" but we usually use that time to study our roles in the role playing exercises or today we had a guest lunch speaker.  All of this has been great and I am SO grateful for the opportunity.  But, to say the least, I'm fried.  I don't know how I did the full time job thing before.

So that's why I've been a little more absent than usual from commenting on your posts, liking your Instagrams and being a complete virtual hoarder on Pinterest.  So, my apologies.  But because all I can think of right now is reframing and resolution, let me tell you a little about my photo location in these pictures.

So as I'm sure is true in any smaller town USA, the mall was central to my youth growing up.  Twin Peaks Mall.  It was The Place.  Well, like many of the Colorado suburb towns, the mall had literally dwindled down to the point where the whole building housed only a store or two.  The plan is to tear down the mall and build a new bigger and better mall.

This is sad in that it puts an end to an era and kind of closes down memories.  But it is exciting.  Equally exciting, I think though, is what has happened to the mall in the interim.  It has been graffitied.  But not in that annoying "we're in the wrong part of town" kind of way.  Like with genuine art.  The whole mall.  Here are some photos that I got from some of the MANY masterpieces currently decorating the desolate mall skeleton . . .




Pretty effing cool right?

Olive Cargo Joggers-Target; Oversized White Oxford Shirt-thrifted; Gold Skinny Belt-thrifted; Hot Pink Heels-H&M; Watch-Patrick's; Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted
Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs