July 9, 2013

Mission #12, Day 2


I couldn't do a Mission Week about stripes and not include my favorite striped score to date, now could I?  This dress (worn here as a skirt) was one of my favorite scores ever.

As soon as I found it in Macy's on clearance for $30, I was not leaving without it.  It reminded me so much of the Marc Jacobs dress that I lusted over forever but knew I would never be able to afford.

Luckily, this dress has been very versatile.  You know how sometimes you lust over something forever and then you get it and realize that it really wasn't as versatile as you thought it would be?  This was not the case with this dress.

As for the shirt, I told Sally, the other paralegal in the office, that we should start giving these out as a freebie with consultations for our family law practice.  (Joking, of course.)

Don't mind my dark humor.  I've been divorced twice and work in family law so it can leave you a little jaded to the whole relationship thing sometimes.

In actuality, I bought this shirt almost a decade ago at a thrift store in preparation for my 22nd birthday party.  It was actually an 80's party and it is, to date, one of the funnest parties I've ever hosted.  Or attended.

Or, rather, it was . . . until the cops broke it up.  On account of noise.  About two hours in.  But the party did get relocated.  And I did get a few photo ops with the cops.  So a win all around.

Rainbow Striped Dress-Gianni Bini; Graphic Tee-thrifted; Orange Suede Cutout Sandals-Payless; Watch-gifted; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs