April 26, 2011

Soul to Squeeze


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


The one great thing about Colorado is that you never know what to expect. Here, I am talking about the one thing that I hate small talking with people about. The one go-to ice breaker. The weather. Today, I saw bouts of rain, hail, snowish hale, haleish rain and sunny skies all in an 8 hour work day. Hence the reason for the jacket (and no jacket).


Have I yet mentioned how much I love hand-me-downs from my mom's co-workers? I have? Well, that's alright. I'll say it again. I love hand-me-downs from my mom's co-workers. One girl's trash is another girl's treasure, right? Being the oldest sibling in my family I think made me appreciate hand-me-downs more. I never got them as a kid.

Take these fantastic, springy striped numbers. The fabulous Andrea gave them to my mom because they reminded her of pajamas. Oh contraire mon ami. I love these capris! They are so bright and comfy! And this Coach crossbody bag is one of my faves. I feel like a sophisticated Yale student wearing it, on her way to legal ethics. And it fits everything so nicely inside of it.

And I love this top that my sister gave me yeeeeeears back. I don't know how well you can tell from the pictures, but it has this attached little scarf/bowtie thing hanging from the collar. I don't ever know what to do with it (tie it to the side? make it into a bowtie?) so I usually just let it hang there. But, I'm sure I will have plenty of opportunities to figure it out. Any suggestions would be helpful. And if you suggestion is a bowtie, please provide instructions on how to tie a bowtie.


One of the favorite pieces that I am wearing today, I have to admit, was not a hand-me-down. I fell in love with this ring the minute I saw it in a little shop downtown. The shop makes all kinds of these cute little rings. You'll see me sport them quite often. I have a confession to make, however. While I like funky little rings and love to show them off to whoever is willing to take a gander, I am not a nail girl. So my apologies for their haggard appearance. Eh, life is a take and give.


Jacket-Wal-Mart; Black tank top-New York & Company, gifted from my sister; White belt-Kohl's; Capris-Ann Taylor, gifted from my mom's co-worker; Silver pumps-Donna Lawrence for Shoe Carnival; Bag-Coach, gifted from my mom's co-worker; Earrings-Wal-Mart; Bracelet-Kohl's; Ring-Downtown Longmont store (?)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs