April 28, 2011

Inaudible Memories


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


We've all had those days. Days where things are cussed up from the get go. Mine started with a bad dream and escalated rapidly into trying to put on my daughter's tights while on the phone helping Patrick with his laptop while doing my hair. It was all downhill from there. You know, those funky days? Nothing bad happens per se. It's just one little thing after another. This usually starts with being late and/or something malfunctioning (which was my garage door this morning). From this point, it's just a steady heap of cuss. Then, I got off work and heaved that "glad that's over" sigh, went to put on my favorite sunnies and SNAP. Aaaaaaaand we're done.


This is not what I wore today. These are pictures that I had taken before, but wasn't going to use. Why? Because, as you can probably notice, I have this little mom pooch in most of them. I really liked my outfit, but started to get nervous that maybe these weren't "blog ready". After the annoying day that I had, I thought, you know what? I like these pictures. I like this outfit. And that will work for me.


Do you know what I love about having kids though? Even with the hustle at work and traffic issues and running late, by the end of the day, they can always make me smile. At this time, I would like to thank the fabulous Megamind. Not only is it a kid's movie that is enjoyable by all (featuring the voice talent of Will Ferrell- so comedic fun all around), but it has brought to children the gift of AC/DC. My oldest son has taken a liking to Back in Black as of late, which is a big bonus for me because a) they are one of my favorite bands of all time and b) his last song of choice was Eye of the Tiger (karate phase) and the Indiana Jones theme song (self explanatory). My son was dancing and singing the whole way home to AC/DC. It was the best part of my day. The ice cream cones with the kids helped too. ;-) Sometimes it just helps to slow down and take a breather.


So let's, at this time, put away the negative pieces of the pictures, and appreciate the good. Here I go again, with the striped capris. Pinstripes count folks. And (after torturing my feet for several months to break them in) I love these booties. A lot of people have asked me about this knotted hair bun that I do sometimes. I have curly hair and it gets in the way, so sometimes it is easiest to just take care of it. It's easy. Start with a Barret in a half ponytail. Take all the hair and divide it into two braids. Then wrap the braids around the Barret to hide it and use bobby pins. Quick and easy. So, the pics aren't the greatest, and my day was stressful, but when it's all said and done, I made it. My sunnies were resurrected shortly after their snafu by an identical pair that I happened to find (black, not red, but nonetheless). The broken ones are resting in a shallow grave in the backyard. Service information pending.


Rust top-Elle for Kohl's; Pinstripe capris-Star City; Sunnies (RIP)-Elle for Kohl's; Bag-Coach, gifted by Andrea!; Bangles cuff-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted; Necklace-Wal-Mart; Booties-Apt. 9; Jacket-Levi's (oooooooooold)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs