May 28, 2015

Mission #58, Day 4

One really fun way to wear a little white dress is to toughen it up with a leather jacket and combat boots.  Little white dresses are usually pretty fragile and girly looking.  This adds a little bit of contrast.

Last night was the blogger meet up with Denver Style Magazine.  It was hosted by Inspyre Boutique, a shop that I have become overly obsessed with via Instagram.  Well guess what?  It did not disappoint.  Cute clothes, amazing jewelry (and this is coming from a person who is not really into jewelry!), cute hats, scarves, shoes and belts from wall to wall.

It was a local shopper's dream actually and I absolutely fell in love with it.  There is just one problem . . . I put myself on a shopping ban last week.  Beth had briefly mentioned a summer shopping ban on her blog and it struck me. 

I still have 10-15 pounds of pregnancy weight to lose from Reilly.  And a lot of my clothes don't fit still.  So I have a lot of pre-pregnancy, non-fitting clothes.  I also have a bunch of clothes that I bought before I found out that I was pregnant and quickly grew out of.  I also bought a lot of clothes in my old size while I was pregnant in the vein hope that I would be able to wiggle into them shortly after having Reilly (ha!).  I also have clothes that I have bought in my old size since having Reilly as a motivation for losing the weight.

Needless to say, this has left me with a lot of clothes that I want to wear, but can't.  And what have I done in the meantime?  I have bought more clothes that I can fit in because I feel like shit for not being able to wear the other ones.   It's a vicious cycle.  So I need a break.  And when I caught wind of Beth's no shop summer idea, I decided I was on board.  I am not going to buy any clothing from my kids' last day of school until they go back to school.

But this is easier said than done.  Especially at cute boutiques that sell cute (and reasonably priced!) clothes.  And especially when you are in a cute boutique that sells cute clothes with other bloggers.  But I was good.  I did buy a workout top.  But that doesn't count.  Because it is purely functional.  And it goes perfectly with a pair of workout capris that I am reviewing next week.

#thestruggleisreal

White Lace Dress-thrifted
Black Leather Jacket-Target
Combat Boots-L.E.I.
Necklace-vintage from Grandma
Earrings-Charming Charlie's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs