September 26, 2014

Mission #42, Day 5--Knit Cape

Aw the last day of Mission Week is always so bittersweet.  This has been a super fun challenge, I must say.  But it's always to go back to the nonrestrictive weeks of "free fashion".  So on this day, I wore a knitted cape.  For some reason, it always reminds me of Little Women.  And that's why I love it. 

 So how many of you out there are parents?  Any of you dealt with the Tooth Fairy yet?  Well, for those of you who have not, let me tell you this: it never happens when you have cash.  Never.  Your kids will tell you that they lost a tooth and you will feel a sense of pride, joy, panic and various levels of neurosis.

Kaden found out at nine that there was no tooth fairy.  Because he lost a tooth.  And I didn't have cash.  And I forgot to get some.  And the Tooth Fairy never came.  And he was plagued with guilt that it was something he did.  And so I had to come clean.  And ever since I have been absolutely adamant that I will not let that happen again.  I even have an alarm programmed in my phone that I set every time a kid looses a tooth.

So a few weeks ago, Conner lost a tooth.  I happened to be out and about at Target with my bestie Matty.  When I got to the cashier I asked got some cash back and asked for two $5 (I also have a psychotic paranoia about taking too many $1s from businesses because I used to be a retail clerk/waitress/etc.).

Matty gave me a confused look and I told him that it was for Tooth Fairy duty.  Our cashier, who was about 132, if I was to estimate, got a disgusted look on his face.  "What?  $5?  Foratooth?!?!?  When I was little, we got a nickel.  A nickel!  Who gives $5 for a tooth???"

He had a point.  And he scared the bejesus out of me.  So I got $1s back and Conner got $2 from the Tooth Fairy.  Sorry dude. 

White Dress-thrifted; Knit Cape with Hood-Marshall's; Cognac OTK Boots-Charlotte Russe; Earrings-Kohl's; Sunnies-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs