September 24, 2014

Mission #42, Day 3--Camel Cape

A camel cape goes with damn near everything.  But it looked really freaking good with this orange tee, black pencil skirt and animal print heels.  I know that sounds quasi conceited, but whatevs.  I'm still 20 pounds from my pre-pregnancy weight, still can't fit into a good chunk of my closet and I have to take all the feel good days and outfits I can get.  #dealwithit

Speaking of confidence and feel goods, let me tell you a little story about a recent first time experience I had.  For the first time ever I made a purchase on Craigslist.

For weeks after Reilly's birth I scoured garage sales, thrift stores and online for a cheap bicycle trailer for Reilly.  I love riding my bike and Patrick had recently fixed mine up.  But I couldn't very well ride it until I could take Reilly with me because, you know, #attachedatthehip.

And then--behold!!!!  A Schwinn bike trailer for $65!  On Craigslist!  So I contacted the seller and set it all up to be picked up the next day.  I was so stoked!  Until . . .

The moment came and I got a twinge of anxiety.  OMG.  I am about to go to a stranger's house.  To pick up a too good to be true dream item.  What if I'm about to be murdered?  What if I get mugged?  Why didn't I research this better?

Before I could talk myself out of it I found myself parked in a posh Boulder neighborhood in front of the most American pie house on the planet.  Out bounces a tiny, young, vibrant woman in yoga pants and a ponytail.  As we stood and spoke, she waved to the neighbors and called the kids walking home by name.

The moral of this story--sometimes my anxiety makes me feel ridiculous.  Woops.

Black Pencil Skirt-Old Navy (maternity); Orange Tee-thrifted; Animal Print Peep Toe Pumps-BCBG, thrifted and gifted; Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Camel Cape-Marshall's; Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted; Prada-like Sunglasses-shop in mall

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs