September 6, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Oversized Oxford Shirt

Today in the spotlight: the oversized oxford shirt.  I saw one of these in InStyle back in spring and knew right away I wanted one.

I was so glad when I spotted this one, in Wal-Mart of all places.  It is the perfect length and so cottony soft.  I've only owned it for 7 months, but I wear it all the time.





The great thing about this shirt is that it is very versatile.  It can go casual or dressy, though clearly I have mostly don the casual look with it.  But I am anxious to pair it with sweaters in the cooler weather.

Today I went with a dressy casual look.  Sure, it's not office appropriate.  I'd sooner die than wear these shorts to the office.  But, I dressed it up with black and a gold belt.

I needed to have something to wear that is easy to run around in today.  Even though it is a day off of work, it is not a day off from getting last minute shit done for the wedding.

Among other monotonous tasks today, I got to enjoy a pedicure, manicure, eyebrow wax, spray tan and Starbucks run.  It was my first time going to the nail salon/spa by my boys' Kumon center and it was just delightful! 

With my wedding being the day after tomorrow (yikes), I have been thinking about my engagement a lot and I think it can best be described in a musical montage, aka typical Frannie style. 


MusicPlaylist
When Patrick first proposed to me back in November, I was so stoked.  The proposal was absolutely perfect in every way.  I remember being so euphorically numb.  Totally on Cloud 9. 


MusicPlaylist
 
I will never forget how amazingly happy I was.  I remember having many moments with Patrick of little random kisses and I love you's and just feeling so full of love.

For the next few months, I pinned and dreamt and Googled all these grandiose plans of DIYs and little crafts.  And I got busy.  Very busy.

Over the next several months, I became overwhelmed.  I was overwhelmed by people's comments and suggestions.  I was overwhelmed with all the details.  I was overwhelmed with all the to-do's.  I was overwhelmed with the cost and the time. 


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Now the day has come.  Somehow, it showed up after feeling like it would never come.  I am currently in shock.  I constantly teeter with wishing that the wedding would just get here all ready because I can barely stand the excitement and nausea and anxiety over what has to be done and how everything will go and wishing we had another week (or month . . .).

One thing I do know, though, after Saturday I will be married to the World's Best Man and be in the presence of all of my favorite people in the world.  This is my last blog post before I'm a Mrs.  I'm glad.  I need the break and I am anxious about spending time where it needs to be spent.  I'll fill y'all in when I return from our honeymoon.  Laters baby!
 
Oversized Oxford Shirt-Wal-Mart; Black Shorts-Hot Kiss; Striped and Knotted Wedges-Payless; Gold Belt-thrifted; Necklace-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs