September 17, 2012

Oh Heeeeey!!!


MusicPlaylist
Oh hey.  I'm back from my 11 day blogging break.  So what have I been doing?

Becoming a Mrs. of course!  Yep, he put a ring on it.  And it is gorgeous.  The wedding band connects to my engagement ring.

And we went on our honeymoon which was AMAZING!!!   I didn't want to say where we went before on the blog, but we decided on Aruba.

So I want to gush and gush and gush some more about my wedding, but I'm going to have to go against my impatient nature on that one.  Why?

Well, I want to show you guys my wedding and I don't have any pictures yet.  Like any.  I didn't really have access to my camera that day and we haven't gotten our photos back from the photographer.  In time, my pretties . . .

In the meantime, I am going to go waaaaaay back to the week before last when I started my blog break.  Specifically, I am going to share some tidbits about the rehearsal and dinner.

Do you remember a billion years ago when I said that I got two amazing dresses at Dillard's on super sale and one was for the rehearsal?  Well, this was the dress.  It is my favorite color, fits perfectly and is the most beautiful fabric.

So, this is what I wore to the wedding rehearsal (and the engagement photos for that matter . . . minus the belt).  I felt it was the perfect mix of romance and edge and casual.  

The rehearsal was so great.  I couldn't believe it was happening.  I brought all of the wedding decorations and guest book and cupcake stand and all of that to the Callahan House, where we got married.  I can't begin to tell you how exciting it was to have all of our wedding party there (well, I was short a bridesmaid.  My bestie Chris was unable to attend the rehearsal.  Or the wedding.  But he was missed) and to see all of my hard work getting put to good use.

My oldest son, Kaden, gave me away at my wedding.  Here we are nervous as all hell.  He was so embarrassed and nervous to walk with me in front of all of those people. 

This is Patrick and I practicing our grand entrance.  You'll have to excuse his lack of smile.  For one, it is hard to catch him smiling on film because he doesn't like his smile.  For two, the night before this was his Bachelor Party.  Needless to say, he and the groomsmen were a little worse for the wear.

Then we walked to a local pizzeria for the rehearsal dinner.  The food was sooooo good.  This is a photo of Matt skipping with all the kiddos to the restaurant. 

Then, that night, as my last single night, I had my three favorite bitches stay the night with me at my house (Patrick stayed at a hotel with the boys).  These girls are my sisters.  Ginestra (left) is my brother's girlfriend and pretty much the most bad ass chica this side of the Mississippi.  Sammie (center) is my sister and has always been my best friend.  Tina (right) is my cousin, second cousin actually, but lived with us a good part of high school when my mom took guardianship of her.  The four of us stayed up late, drank a few cocktails, had some shenanigans, (further) tried to break in our shoes and calmed my nerves.  I remember looking at the clock at one point (12:15 to be exact), turning to the girls and saying: "Holy fuck.  I am getting married today."  It was such a memorable night.  So.  Much.  Love.

  Dress-Gianni Bini; Snakeskin Studded Heels-Vanity and gifted; Belt-Kohl's; Cuff-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs