September 27, 2012

Threesome Thursdays--Striped Pleated Dress

MusicPlaylist

This is one of my favorite dresses of all time.  As soon as I saw it, I was reminded of a similar one by Marc Jacobs--one I would never be able to afford.  When I saw this one hanging on the clearance rack at Dillards for $30, it was sold. 



Today I wore my winning dress as a skirt with a cozy hunter green sweater.  Fall has come in full swing up in here.  Sweaters and boots it is.

But with my new OTK cognac boots, I wasn't too depressed about it.  I've been on the lookout for a pair of flat brown and flat black boots for a while and when Charlotte Russe was having their buy one get one for $15 sale, it was perfect timing.

Also, I got to wear my suede coat for the first time since I thrifted it waaaaaay back in the spring time.  I found it for $12 and it fit like a glove.  The fabric is in perfect condition too!

Also, even though this dress is certainly twirl-worthy, the above pic was not an attempt at Marilyn Monroe.  After I put on my suede jacket, my dress got a massive case of the clingys.

And of course, I didn't have time to pull the usual tricks of the trade--fabric softener, a slip, etc.  

As soon as I got to work, Sally and I went to work on Google to try to fix the situation.

I tried them all: safety pins (well . . . paper clips) on the hems, lotion on the legs, wet paper towel on the underside of the dress.  Nothing was working.

Strangely enough, though, you know what did work against the static?  Febreeze.  There was some in the bathroom.  I sprayed it on the inside of my dress and *poof* cling-no-more!

It reminded me of my rebellious teenage years--sneaking out to smoke cigarettes and trying to cover up the smell with random body sprays and lotions in mass quantities all over my body.  But, at least the dress wasn't stuck to my legs and ass all day.  And, I think cucumber melon is a very becoming scent on a grown woman.

  Striped Pleated Dress-Gianni Bini; Green Sweater-Target; OTK Cognac Boots-Charlotte Russe; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs