June 29, 2015

Make it Work Monday #17

I wish I knew who this young lady* was so that I could credit to her for this lovely outfit.  I couldn't help but repeat it because this dress was thrifted by me probably a year or so ago, but I could only now just fit into it.  I am stoked because I fell in love with it immediately.

*EDIT--I have found the name of this lovely lady.  Her name is Sammi (ironic enough also my sister's name of whom I am speaking of in this post!) and her blog is The Soubrette Brunette.

Our weekend was quite full and while it was full of a bunch of fun stuff, we were stuffed from Friday to . . .  well now.  On Friday night my cousin, mom and brother in law threw my sister a surprise birthday party.  It was so great!

I talk to my sister in some form almost everyday.  It was really hard to keep the secret.  And by nature I am horrible at keeping secrets--even by accident--because I have Accidental Big Mouth Syndrome.  One of my sister's favorite stories about this is when my sister, brother and I bought my mother Mother's Day gifts with our own money and wrapped them up all ourselves and I handed them to my mom and told her "The earrings are from me, the scissors are from Sammie."  

We chose a Hawaiian theme because of one year when my sister and cousin accidentally celebrated the first day of Spirit Week at school (tropical theme) a week early and they showed up at school in grass skirts and coconut bras and floral print and flip flops . . . and everyone thought that they were kind of ridiculous.  In true fashion, they thought it was hilarious. 

So after the Rob Thomas concert was cancelled as Rob Thomas was supposed to come on (which makes this story even funnier) and she thought that none of us were available to see her on her birthday, I was able to control my mouth for once and we were able to really surprise my sister.  She said it was the best birthday that she ever had!

Plaid Dress-thrifted
Straw Hat-vintage
Pink Boat Shoes-thrifted
Pearl Earrings-gifted by Patrick from Qatar

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs