June 12, 2015

Mission #59, Day 5--Edgy

Denim on denim can seem so . . . country.  But if you add the right components, you can look like a downright bad ass.  I personally got inspiration for this outfit from the queen of badassery herself (IMO), Rhianna.  I added a studded belt, a spiked baseball hat and some silver pumps.

As you read this, I am most likely driving up to Wyoming for the weekend!  On top of that excitement, Patrick and I decided to take the kids to Mount Rushmore and Yellowstone next month.  And on top of that my mom texted me this morning asking how I would like to go with her and my sister to Vegas next month for a mother/daughter weekend!!!

We never travel.  We never go anywhere.  We have a goal for every other year to have a vacation with the kids and for Patrick and I to have a vacation sans kids in the years in between.  But ever since getting pregnant with Reilly, that has kind of fizzled a bit.

Not to mention, I have a crazy fear of flying, so we usually drive.  But I am so excited to suddenly be having all of these plans all of a sudden!  And even though Wyoming is a mere 2 1/2 hour drive, and Mount Rushmore about 6 hours and Vegas is practically next door, I feel like a real globe trotter guys.

So I will be glowing in all of the sudden travel plans that I find myself in and feeling all "high society" (as my grandmother used to say).  Now if you'll excuse me, I believe my minivan is here to whisk me off to my first adventure!  Have a great weekend all!


Denim Pencil Skirt-Old Navy, thrifted
Chambray Button Down-Style & Co., thrifted
Silver Pumps-Shoe Carnival
Spiked Baseball Hat-Amazon
Studded Belt-thrifted
Watch-vintage from Grandma
Earrings-DIY and gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs