May 27, 2015

Mission #58, Day 3

It's the third day of Mission Week with LWDs and I thought it would be a good idea to show how you can style a little white dress for work.  Here I added a fun blazer, kitschy little flats and a structured bag.  Simple but good.

Tonight is another blogger meet-up with Denver Style Magazine.  I hope to see you other Colorado bloggers there.  I feel like I just saw some of them last week at the private screening of Pitch Perfect 2 (very cute btw). 
Last week I met a woman named Tiffany.  We were talking and I was telling her about my kids and when I told her that I had four kids, she was shocked, as is the usual reaction.  And the next question is always how old they are and I told her that my oldest was 14 and she was shocked again, which is the other usual reaction.

And the conversation from there progressed as usual about how horrifying it must be to have a teenager.  And I told her what I have told everyone else:  it's really not that bad.  At all.  And maybe it's still early in the teenage game and maybe I just got lucky but I actually love having a teenager.

Kaden is a good kid.  Other than issues with school and his education, I have no complaints.  He is respectful.  He has a good group of friends that generally stay out of trouble (they get into normal "boy trouble" but nothing big).  He lets us know where he is and when he will be home. 

And I also love that he is old enough now that it's like he is a little adult.  You can talk to him like an adult and joke with him.  He can enjoy the same things that you enjoy--like sleeping in ;-) 

So far, the teenage years are great.  I can only hope that this continues for the next five years with him. 

White Dress-thrifted
Polka Dot Blazer-Forever 21
Gold and Black Cap Toe Flats-Nine West, thrifted
Tote-Del Conte, thrifted
Earrings-DIY and gifted
Glitter Belt-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs