May 4, 2015

Make it Work Monday #13

I've followed Joanne's blog Fabulously Average for a number of years.  She has gone from living in the Arizona desert to the far more seasonal east coast.  She has a darling little toddler daughter.  She blogs about style, of course, and motherhood.  And you should totally give her blog a read.


I was very lucky to thrift this skirt a couple of months ago after being so annoyed with myself for not picking one up from Target when 3.1 Philip Lim debuted.  And it seemed to be thrown in my face at every turn.  Nearly every blogger was wearing this skirt, which usually deters me from a style but this skirt was just too cute.  When I saw it, in my size, at the thrift store, I didn't even try it on.  In the cart she went!

So these photos are kind of creepy, huh?  I was driving home from work one day when I saw all this smoke billowing from a crop.  I'm not sure how many of you live near farms, but it is normal for them to burn their trash and some of their weeds and stuff.

When I saw it, I just knew it would make the coolest pictures.  So when I saw a spot to pull over, I did so and had a lot of fun shooting in the smoke.  And railroad tracks to boot?  A blogger's treasure trove! 

Unfortunately, the thrill was pretty short lived because as soon as I got back in my van, I noticed something.  A fierce campfire smell.  It was pretty pungent.  And anyone who has had the pleasure of trying to get campfire smells out of their clothes can attest, it isn't so easy.

But, the pictures turned out cool right?  Just agree with me please.  I paid dearly for these photos.

Animal Print Skirt-Philip Lim 3.0, thrifted
Striped Tee-Aeropostale
Cognac Knotted Booties-Charlotte Russe
Necklace-Charming Charlie's
Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted
Denim Jacket-Old Navy, thrifted
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs