December 30, 2014

Mission #48, Day 2

This is a little more of a casual approach to our winter whites theme for Mission Week this week with white jeans and a sheer white button down.  True--it's not totally all white as the fedora, booties and coat are not, but I think this goes to show that a bit of neutrals (yes, leopard is a neutral now) can help to balance out an all white outfit to make it a little less . . . aggressive.

Do you know the best part of Christmas?  When you give someone a gift that you just knoooow they will love or that they have wanted for a long time.  This happens tenfold with children--your own or others.  Their reactions are the best.

For example, much to my sister and brother in law's dismay, my nieces have become obsessed with the movie Frozen.  I can giggle a little because I introduced it to them, knowing that they would love it.  And I found this Elsa castle on Amazon that I just knew my niece Emma would love . . . 

 And she did!

Conner really wanted a 3DS.  I looked into them and they seemed not only too expensive but fairly hard to come by I guess (or I didn't look too hard once I saw the price tag . . . one or the other).   But I was able to find a DSi.  To be honest, I am not sure what the difference is and I was sure he would be really disappointed . . . 

 But he wasn't.

And Brielle used to have a Nook.  But it got put into our cloth grocery bags during a grocery trip and the bagger didn't notice it and pulled a bag out and it went flying and the screen smashed into a million pieces.  I was so proud of Brielle.  She didn't scream or cry or throw a fit or even get upset.  She totally understood and even still tried to use it for awhile.  But she got a Kindle Fire for Christmas anyway . . .

 And she was stoked about it.

And Kaden.  As kids get older, their gifts get more expensive.  Pretty much all he wanted for Christmas this year was an acoustic guitar.  My brother, brother in law and cousin play a guitar and he has been eager to learn on one.  But because he's older, we decided we could tease him a little bit.  My mother in law told Kaden she got him exactly what he wanted and gave him this . . . 

An acoustic guitar . . . ornament.  He got this on Christmas Eve, before Santa came.  He was kind of bummed out.  But on Christmas morning, he saw a large box under the tree . . . 

But the tag indicated that it was for Reilly.  So his mean old parents asked him to help Reilly open it for him.  And then he found . . .

The guitar that was actually for him.  Santa must have mixed up the tags I guess . . .

 And that was a happy mistake.

White Jeans-unknown; White Sheer Ruffle Button Down-thrifted; White Tank-unknown; Cognac Knotted Booties-Charlotte Russe; Fedora-Target; Carpet Bag-thrifted; Pearl Earrings-gifted from Qatar from Patrick; Leopard Coat-thrifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs