September 30, 2014

Share the Covers--Heartless

The original by Kanye West . . .

 

And the cover by The Fray . . .

To be honest, I used to hate this song.  It came out when Kaden was going through hard times and he became obsessed with it.  So it doesn't bring the best memories.  And I am not really a Kanye West fan--music-wise or person-wise.  But I do think his version is superior to the new version by The Fray.  Just my opinion.

It's so amazing what music can do.  It can bring forth so many memories and so many emotions.  It can remind you of times in your life--good and bad.  It can remind you of people.  It can remind you of exact moments in time--when you got your first car, when you got to dance with your crush, when you went out to dinner with your grandmother.

And somehow I swear the universe seems to coincide music with what is going on in my life.  It could be a perception thing, it could be a coincidence or maybe it is legit.  When I found out my ex was cheating on me, the #1 song was Take a Bow by Rhianna.  When I moved from towns in middle school from friends I'd had for years and years, The Sweater Song by Weezer had just come out.  It's crazy.

And this is why I love music.  I love that in just a few bars of No Scrubs by TLC I can be taken back to high school, driving down Main Street with my two best girlfriends (one of whom was Patrick's girlfriend at the time . . .) honking our horn at cute boys.  I love that when I hear Heartache Tonight by the Eagles I think of the dance that my brother, sister and I made up for the song.  I love that when I hear Any Man of Mine by Shania Twain I can hear my grandmother's voice as she requested the song on the radio with the dj that she personally knew every time that we spent the weekend at her house.

Music is magic.  And I can't tell you how fortunate I am to hear it, to live long enough to hear so many generations of it and to be surrounded by music lovers in friends and family that give me so much variety of music to learn and love.  Plus, my brother plays the guitar.  And he's been staying with us.  Awesome.

Maroon Lace Dress-c/o Pink Blush Maternity; Leopard Print Belt-Target; Football Booties-Charlotte Russe; Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-Target; Love Bracelet-gifted by Mom; Elephant Cuff-vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs