April 4, 2014

Mission #31, Day 5--Menswear--Masculine Accessories

This is the last menswear inspired look for Mission Week.  Another way to embrace the menswear look is to incorporate masculine accessories into your look.  Here I chose to sport my oldest son Kaden's shoes (which he has since outgrown), a grandfatherly cardigan and Patrick's watch.

You may or may not remember from past posts, but April is a chaotic month in my house.  Both my younger son and daughter have April birthdays and since I share parenting time with their dad, we have one weekend in April to do both of their parties.

This weekend is the weekend.  Two parties.  One weekend.  Two clean-ups, two decoratings, two snack makings, two bouncy house set ups, two cakes to bake.  Sixteen total invitations.  Two RSVPs so far (seriously one of my biggest pet peeves--whyyyyy don't people RSVP anymore?????).

It's busy.  It's made busier still by the fact that I'm eight and a half months pregnant.  I move slow and tire easily.  Patrick is doing a bunch of remodeling and trying to finish that up.  This has stunted the cleaning portion of the preparation.

I know it will get done.  And in the end, it doesn't so much matter if the house looks spotless or if all the treats get made.  It only matters if the kids have fun, which they will.

But this year more than any prior, I cannot wait to have this weekend over.  Then, I can go back to being lazy and pig-like as I have for the majority of this pregnancy.  Which I also can't wait to be done with . . .  #bitchfest #needsanap

Maternity Skinny Jeans-thrifted; Polka Dot Chambray Blouse-Old Navy; Suede Cardigan-thrifted; Boat Shoes-Kaden's; Watch-Patrick's; Mirrored Aviators-Target; Earrings-Kohl's

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs