July 11, 2012

Where There's Flowers There's Bees



MusicPlaylist

Did y'all get your free Slurpees today for 7/11?  I didn't.  Our town's 7-11s are whack and don't stock up on the free cups.  Boo. 

I bring you another 'zinespired look today.  See above.  And see me trying to gracefully skip down the sidewalk like she did below.  Good thing I'm not a super model I guess.  I totally lack grace.  In nearly all forms. 

I wanted to get a pretty floral background for my pretty floral skirt.  I always forget, though, that pretty floral backdrops usually come with not so pretty buzzing creatures.  And ever since this happened, I have a pretty rational fear of stinging insects.

But it was either hang out in this bee infested bush or with the crazies on the other side of the fence.  These include but are not limited to skateboarders, a shirtless man practicing what appeared to be football moves and a 40-something year old man sunbathing in a banana hammock.  

As I've mentioned, Wednesday nights are my "me nights".  Patrick takes the kids and I get to have some time for me.  What is a woman with a quickly approaching wedding to do with her free time?

Well, I got my first spray tan.  I was nervous at first, but I totally dig it.  Except that I rank of that glow tan goop and can't wash it off for four hours.

Then, I went by Office Max and got some supplies for the invitations which came in the mail today!  Woot woot!  And the fans I am DIYing.  And the programs I am DIYing.  And the paper for the kid's wedding books that I am DIYing.  

Man, I've got a lot of crafting to get done.  Yikes.  I've already made flower girl baskets, a ring bearer box, about 1,124 mason jars, the invitations, the guest book and a wedding card hat box.

Anyhow.  After that I went to Dillards.  It was innocent enough.  I was going to just browse lingerie for the wedding and see if they might have a dress for my last bridesmaid sans dress--my future sister in law.  No dice on either of those fronts. 

Buuuuuuuuuut . . . I did find a dress for the reception (in case I get too hot or stiff in the wedding dress . . . you know . . . a girl always needs a back up).  And I also got a dress for the rehearsal dinner.  And while we were at it, I also got an amazing Marc Jacobs stripey look a like.  But they were all on clearance.  I swear!  $70 for 3--not too shabby. 

My final stop was Payless where I got shoes for the flower girls (Brielle and my two nieces), the ring bearer (Conner) and the man in my life who is giving me away (Kaden).  While I was there, I also picked up something else--a new fan!  As I was checking out, the cashier goes "you are the one with the fashion blog aren't you?"  You got it!  So if you're reading this--hey girl!

  White Shear Short Sleeved Blouse-Liz Claiborne, thrifted; Lace Tank (underneath)-Ellen Ashley, thrifted; Green Floral A-Line Skirt-Old Navy, thrifted; White and Cork Sandals-Madden Girl; Watch-gifted; Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs