July 9, 2012

Take Some Monday!



MusicPlaylist

A lot of offices do Casual Fridays.  Well, our office is pretty casual as is, so I often find myself doing Casual Mondays.  

This outfit basically gives Monday the middle finger and says "forget you Monday.  I'm wearing jeans and a t-shirt to work because I wish it was still the weekend."

I found this vest thrifting a few weeks back.  I fell in love with it instantly.  It reminds me a lot of Megan because of its futuristic vibe. In fact, it shall now be called my MMV--Megan Mae Vest.

Patrick and I ended up switching our day off Insanity from tonight to last night.  Don't start hatin' because there is a perfectly good reason . . .

As I said, yesterday was (most likely) Patrick and I's anniversary.  But he had to work.  And he ended up working for 14 hours.  And then our washing machine broke.  And ever since we got the pool, our towel supply has been sparse.  So we had a heap of laundry to do.  

So my fantastic fiance came home from a 14 hour day to fix the washing machine for an hour or so while I caught up on Jerseylicious.  I've somehow missed three weeks of Jerseylicious (I blame Sons of Anarchy because after that, Jerseylicious seems kind of . . . flat).  Good news is that I didn't miss a beat.  Yep, same ole same ole at the Gatsby Salon--one little mini drama at a time.

Not only that, but Patrick came home with a single long stemmed rose for our anniversary and a chocolate milkshake.  Surprisingly, though my milkshake did not bring any boys to the yard, but it did bring home an exhausted, overworked man.  

So when Patrick begged (ok, he actually just asked . . . it didn't take much convincing) me to take an Insanity break, I obliged. 

And I was pretty glad about it when I had to wake up at 5:30 in the morning to get myself and three kids ready for the trek to their dad's house.  I used to be able to drop them off on Sunday nights in the summer, but somewhere along the way, that became unacceptable. 

So now my Monday mornings consist of waking up before Jesus, pulling two sleepy-eyed children from their warm beds, throwing clothes on their backs, shoving breakfast down their throats (though I still make them a special goodbye breakfast--mint chocolate cinnamon rolls) and driving 30 miles to their dad's house.  So basically by the time I get to work at 8:30, I've already been up for three hours and driven about 100 miles.  Yeah, Monday, you're getting jeans and a t-shirt.  With a side of awesome thrift treasure. 

  Highlighter Yellow Skinny Jeans-Kohl's; Watercolor Corset Vest-thrifted; White Tee-Faded Glory; Coral Suede Sandals-Payless; Ring-Encore; Belt-Kohl's; Earrings-DIY and gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs