June 11, 2012

Burnin'



MusicPlaylist

So yesterday I spoke of being unplugged all weekend, right?  Well, perhaps I was a little too unplugged.  There's a HUGE fire in Colorado.  

 Thank you for asking if I was all right.  To answer, yes, I am fine.  The fire is in Fort Collins, which is a town about an hour from where I live.

I went to high school in the Loveland/Fort Collins area, though, so a lot of my friends are being evacuated from their homes and putting a bunch of scary pictures and updates up on Facebook.  Some of them have even been dusting ash from the fire off of their cars!  I do hope and send my good thoughts to the firefighters and all of those that have been affected.  (And, yes, it makes me feel like shit about this.  You will be happy to know that I have not done that since.)

I dropped my kiddos off in Loveland to their dad's this morning.  Loveland is a town about 20-30 minutes away from Fort Collins.  The whole town smelled of campfire.  Smoke covered what once was a gorgeous view of the mountains.  It is really sad.  

As much as I hate to say it, we could really, really use some rain.  So if anyone out there can do a little rain dance for us, it'd be much appreciated. 

Because there is just no easy way to transition from a serious story to a purely vain one full of first world blogger problems, I'm just gonna go there. 

I had clearly forgotten how much of a pain in the ass it is to take blog pictures in the summer time.  Everyone is out and about, so the ability to do so incognito is slim.  Not to mention the near logistics of finding a parking spot where you don't have to hike six miles to get to somewhere not swarmed with *shudder* the general public and all their . . . questions. 

This was not the end of my many quests today.  We were extraordinarily busy at work.  This was largely due to the fact that I sat down with Bob's wife for my morning to go through his old files.  It is still so sad to think that he is gone.  

Bob's wife did give me details on his upcoming memorial service.  It will be next month and I am both relieved to get some closure and bummed out.  I just have somewhat (not really) gotten used to him not being in the office and I think this might throw me emotionally a bit. 

Nonetheless, I won't miss it for the world.  Bob came to visit me in a dream the other day.  I was at work admiring the plethora of exotic tomato plants that Daryl had brought back for us from Europe (don't ask, I have weird ass dreams) when I saw Bob standing in his office out of the corner of my eye.  I ran up and gave him a hug and the dream ended.  Not much of an eye opener, but def makes me think that he is out there somewhere making sure I know that he knows I miss him.  At least that's what I'd like to think because I really do.  I miss him a lot. 

Floral Peplum Skirt-gifted; Chambray Short Sleeved Button Down-Style & Co., thrifted; White Tee-Faded Glory, gifted; White Cork Sandals-Madden Girl; Bangles-Kohl's; Earrings-gifted

*Additional awkward transition* Also, I am participating in the Summer Fashion Challenge with the ever so lovely Megan of Megan Mae Daily and Keely from Casual Chic Kiki.  Today was solid brights or bold pattern.  You can tell which direction I went.  Obvi.  Check out the other lovely ladies!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs