February 3, 2012

Now That's a Lotta Snow!



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

After much convincing and pleading to my boss As predicted, I had a snow day today.  It was my first one ever from work.  

We got over a foot of snow.  Schools were closed, Conner's eye doctor appointment was canceled and basically Colorado shut down for the day.  Now, I am not a fan of the snow, but snow days--those I can live with.  

My thirtieth birthday is on Monday.  What better way to kick that off than with an impromptu three day weekend?  Pat and I are on our way out of town this weekend and I am really excited!

While this day off could've done with a lot of "need to" things like piled up laundry, neglected bathroom cleaning and mounds of toys in the kids' rooms, I opted instead to thoroughly enjoy a Friday with my kiddos doing the following:

Watching old school Smurf cartoons.  These are my daughter's absolute favorites.  They are really nostalgic to watch as an adult.  And a little annoying--where the eff are Smurfette's homegirls?  Who would want to live in a community filled merely with thousands of boys?  Yuck.

Watching Patrick and the kids build an igloo in our front yard.  Like a legit igloo.  Like even Pat and I could sit in it.  I didn't help, I admit.  I'm way too much of a wussy for that.  But it was adorable to see them all out there with red noses, swishy snowpants and smiles from ear to ear. 

Doing nails with my daughter.  I bought some of the raved about press on nails.  I was hesitant at first because i remember press on nails being tacky and falling off after five minutes.  These ones they sell for like $5 from Sally Hansen are the real deal.  They instantly make me feel classy and they stay on too!  I got my daughter some little girl ones and she loved them to death.  

Finding a place to take my pictures without a soul in sight.  It was a ghost town today.  The only likes of folks you saw out were shoveling or playing in the snow.  What a chill day.  Pun intended.  

Tweed Cape-Rue 21; Ruffle Front Blouse-Vera Wang; Belt-Kohl's; Black Bootleg Slacks-Kohl's; Black Scarf-Kohl's; Pleather Knee High Boots-Wal-Mart; Shell Beaded Necklace-gifted; Earrings-gifted and DIY

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs