February 14, 2012

Happy Heart Day



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

What?  Is today Valentine's Day?  I almost forgot.  Good thing I was reminded about 42875 today.  Namely, by the two challenges I am partaking in today, red and pink for EBEW and red for Bloggers Do It Better hosted by Pretty Shiny Sparkly.

If you couldn't tell, I'm not a fan of Valentines Day.  Never have been.  Not single, not in a relationship, not in school, nada.  Here's the thing, my birthday is always the week before Valentine's Day.  On my birthday, I cannot tell you how many stuffed animals I have gotten with fuzzy hearts saying "Be Mine" or "Hug Me" or "I Love You".   Seriously.  These are two separate events.  Do not mesh my birthday with this "holiday"!

Fortunately, Patrick's birthday is right before mine.  After Kaden's birthday in November, Christmas and then our birthdays, we are pretty well spent on the spending front.  So, it works out.  And no, I am not one of those girls who says they hate Valentine's Day and then gets mad if Patrick doesn't come home with something.

Don't get me wrong, any day solely revolving around love is, in theory, a good one.  But . . . the flowers, the candies, the annoying overflow of stuffed animals?  Eh, not for me. 

As always, the challenges fell on the day that I had a paralegal luncheon down in Denver.  Let me tell you, it was a sea of red and pinks all up and through that conference room today.  Not to mention, pink frosted scones. 

Something else I was not fond of today?  The heater fan thingy in my car went out last night randomly.  I use my heater on full blast from September to May.  Aaaaaand, it's supposed to snow tomorrow.

Buuuuuuut, today was gorgeous.  And my kids were amped about Valentine's Day (could have been the 18 pounds of chocolate that they most likely consumed at parties at school).  And, Patrick came home early (he is usually late on Tuesdays because he trains at the gym).  So, let us relish in the positive aspects of this day, shall we?

Speaking of positive aspects of the day, Peggy told me the sweetest Valentine's memory today.  When she was a little girl, her dad used to hand make her and her siblings (she is a twin sister and she has a brother and sister that are twins---crazy huh?) Valentine's Day cards.  Is that not the sweetest thing ever?  What a great thing for a daughter to get from her dad.  A dad treating his daughters as princesses just totally steals my heart. 

Thank you so much to everyone who has already voted for me here:


It really means a lot!  You can vote once per day until February 28th. 

Red Wool Pencil Skirt-Pendleton, thrifted; Shear Button Down Blouse with Ruffle Detail-Ann Taylor, thrifted; Heart Printed Thermal Top-thrifted; Beige Patterned OTK Socks-Kohl's; Salmon Colored Pointed Toe Kitten Heels-Nine West, gifted; White Peacoat-Rue21; Heart Shaped Earrings-gifted

Bloggers Do It Better

Pink + Red | Everybody, Everywear

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs