February 6, 2012

Go Frannie! It's Yo Birthday! BDay Week Inspiration No. 1



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Yes, ladies it is my birthday.  You know who else has a birthday today?  This guy:  Axl Rose (of Guns and Roses!  Duh!).  Pretty bad ass, huh? 

In fact, a lot of bad ass people have my same birthday.  Axl is just one of them.  I am so excited to announce to you my impromptu installment of this week's inspiration: People who have the same birthday as me week.  Today's featured inspiration is Axl Rose: 80's Rocker Glam.  

And what says 80's Rocker Glam better than some gold skinny jeans?  Answer: absolutely nothing. 

I have to mention here that I LOVE birthdays!  Mine especially. I love that on your birthday, you basically have a God given right to write off any wrong, excuse any behavior and  basically get anything you want based on the sole explanation of "but it's my birthday!".  Genius.  Genius I tell you!

I have absolutely no qualms about letting it be known that it is my birthday.  I relish in being a complete attention whore on my birthday.  When Patrick and the kids took me out to dinner and they got the servers to sing to me, I was not embarrassed in the least.  Except when they had to come back four times mid-singing because I had taken Brielle to the bathroom.  Hopefully they knew that my long absence was due to moving at a four year old's pace . . . 

Um, so since you asked (there I go again . . .) today was fucking awesome.  Honestly I was a little hesitant.  I mean, I was turning 30.  On a Monday.   After being out on a snow day on Friday.  The odds were not in my favor. 

Of course, before it was my birthday, Pat and I were on a getaway.  Black Hawk was cool.  We had planned on staying there the whole weekend until . . . I realized that there were only two things to do in Black Hawk: drink and gamble.  I'm not really big on drinking and I don't know how to gamble.  I did win $70 of our $80 back from gambling on a penny slot, though!  Not bad.  

So the rest of our weekend was spent in nearby Idaho Springs at the Indian Hot Springs.  We basically spent 36 hours in water via hot springs and private baths.  Then we had a couples massage.  Bomb.   And much more our scene. 

As far as today, Pat sent flowers, a bear and balloons to my work.  Unfortunately the delivery people messed up and delivered them at the wrong time, but they did bring them to the house.  They are so awesome.  

I got caught up at work and my boss even was a total sweetness and let me go from work a trite early.  So, since no rules apply on birthdays, I went thrifting.  Peggy, don't look at me like that.  It's my birthday.  Also, I got a ton of fantastic pieces.  I honestly think half of my score was J. Crew.  Mmmm hmmm.

And my kids are awesome with all the hugs and I love you's and totally kissing up.  Loves it!  Best.  Birthday.  Ever.  Thirty doesn't look so bad . . .

Stay tuned for BDay Week Inspiration No. 2 tomorrow.  Especially for all you political and newsy types. 

Sweater-Cherokee, thrifted; Gold Metallic Skinny Jeans-MNG for JCPenney; Camel Trench-DKNY; Cognac Knotted Booties-Charlotte Russe; Ring-Kohl's; Necklace-Kohl's; Earrings-Kohl's

 Gifts from the kids and flowers and balloons from Patrick

Even my mom's Corgi Mork got dolled up for the occasion ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs