September 2, 2011

Buggin'



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

So today I was maliciously attacked in the parking lot of my work.  Ok, that's a bit dramatic, but let me explain . . .

I left work at lunch time for my usual dollar menu splurge.  I'm walking out to my car and all of a sudden I felt like something was stabbing my leg.

After letting out several (loud) obscenities, I swatted at my leg and some equally loud big black buzzing thing flew off.

I don't know if that little bastard bit me or stung me or what, but it immediately swelled up with a red spot the size of my palm and hurt like a mo fo.  It still really hurts six hours later.  

I ran into the office to show John, one of the attorneys.  I was in so much pain.  He was asking me if I was allergic to bees.  No, I don't think so.  He started warning me of anaphylactic shock.  Then, as I am staring mercilessly at him with my mouth wide open, he says "well, we might just have to amputate from the knee down."  I kid you not, the first thing out of my mouth was "But John!  I just got all those new shoes!"

The End.

 Striped Dress-vintage and thrifted; Short Sleeved Blazer-thrifted; Leopard Wedges-Naughty Monkey, gifted; Watch-gifted; Broach-vintage from Grandma; Earrings-gifted and DIY

As Dr. Dre would say, Thank God It's Friday!


30 comments:

  1. Oooh I've never been stung by a bee and I swear I would cry if I ever was.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those shoes are fierce.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not like bees. Or much of anything that flies really. I was walking today and a bee flew AT MY FACE and ran into my forehead. I had a public freakout, not going to lie. And he didn't even bite/sting me.

    Can we talk about this outfit for a hot second? I'm loving it! Stripes and leopard print are two of my favorites. Put them together and I'm in love!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yooowch! Benadryl (cream and or pill) and ice the area! And um - mail that dress to me. Yeah that's the cure to bee stings. Lol! Seriously though that dress is gorg. And you look beautiful in it. Those wedges are super awesome, a very unique shape. I'm rating this one of my top fave outfits.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving this! I have a weakness for navy and white stripes....and those shoes are the perfect choice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG cute outfit, do you have a little black belt, and a pair of blue/black suede pumps? My fairy wings will come out if you do? Loved the collection from august.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore your shoes!!!I can't take my eyes off them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh dear, it sounds like it was quite traumatic with that giant bug, hope the bite has gone down. super quite outfit, love the stripes

    http://blogoftheprettythings.blogspot.com/


    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sorry about the sting, but you look fabulous! I love the bold stripes and the leopard shoes are fab with with it! I'm going to have to try that combo this fall.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh that is really painful, I can't stand that feeling when a buzz come at you out of nowhere. However you look beautiful and very stylish in this outfit composition :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL!!!! omg, this story just make me laugh out loud. LOL. A true fashionista thinks only of her shoes when faced with leg amputation.

    Stripes and leopard... a girl after my own heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. You are tooo funny :) Absolutely love your dress :D

    ♡ from © tanvii.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. the chevron is amazing! love simple stripes :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh it hurt so bad! And I think it was a wasp actually.

    ReplyDelete
  15. OMG! I hate bees, but I think it was a wasp actually! How dare it fly at your face!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks so much for your compliment Allie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL thanks Megan! I think I have to go to the doctor actually. I think it was a wasp and now my whole leg is purple. :-I Thanks for your compliment Megan as always!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Aw my princess came to comment on my page!!!!!!!!!!! I love you so much! I don't have any blue/black suede pumps :-( Guess we need to go shopping!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much Michelle. Unfortunately, I think I need to see a doctor. It has made my whole leg purple!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thank you Keely! I really appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks Sophie! Yeah, that little a-hole bug was such a drag!

    ReplyDelete
  21. LOL thanks Eboni! Glad I made you smile!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ohmy! I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs