May 7, 2011

Stand by Your Man


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com


This is going to be one of those weekends where it is so busy you feel like you don't actually get a weekend. Last night, my oldest son had an awards ceremony for Kumon. I was so proud of him!

His teachers have been telling me that he has ADD for as long as I can remember. Every conference it is the same song and dance. And I have had the same reaction with each and every one of them: "I will do whatever it takes, do any extra work, enroll him in any extra program to see him succeed academically, but I will not put him on medication." It is not that I don't trust in modern medicine. I am not an extreme conspiracy theorist thinking that doctors are poisoning our kids, but I just don't like the psychological concept that I feel my kid will grasp of "something's wrong with me, I'll take a pill and make it all better." I personally feel that there is a dangerous epidemic of abuse of "legal drugs". There are some situations, some parents and some children where medication is absolutely necessary. It may come down the that for me. But I want to make absolute sure that it is the bottom line, only other available option. So, I enrolled him in Kumon back in November. So far, I am pretty pleased with it. We will see how he does after fall comes around and he is back in school (Kumon is every day without a summer break). So, he got a medal and was proud of himself at the ceremony and I was so glad to see him so smiley!


Then this morning, I watched my lovely nieces, Anya and Emma. I love watching my girls! Especially now that they are getting at an age with my daughter (they are 4, 4 and 2)where they are so interactive with each other. The boys had a couple of other neighbor boys over (ages 10, 10, 7 and 6)so needless to say, it was a Full House. I loved it. It is also why I can spot the top of my niece's head and my daughter in the background of two of these pictures . . .


Then, I had a conundrum. I had found out back in February about one of the best consignment stores in Boulder having a fashion show on May 7th. I got all jazzed up and put it on my calendar. Well, meanwhile, Patrick has started racing this year. He and his stepdad have been working on getting his car ready all winter and into spring. Tonight was his first race of the season. After some thinking, I opted to skip the show and go see my wonderful boyfriend kick ass at the track, the kids had an absolute blast and I got to hang out with Pat's mom. Sounds like I win! There will be other shows . . .

Floppy hat-Wal-Mart
Top-Mudd
Crochet poncho-Rockin Robins
Bermuda shorts-Mossimo, gifted
Belt-Unknown
Earrings-Wal-Mart
Bracelets-Kohl's
Ring-downtown store (still working on it)
Shoes-Payless


Obligatory outfit comments-I fell in love with this poncho the minute I saw it at Rockin Robins. The problem is, it is a little big for me and I don't quite know what to do with it. But the crochet is so amazing and the colors and pattern so fantastic, I can't part with it. I won't give up. Anyone have any suggestions? I would love to hear your thoughts!

Oh and yes. To answer your question, yes I did wear my big ole hat on derby day. Much like I celebrated (fashionably anyway) Cinco de Mayo the other day. I don't know what the derby is or what it stands for, but I know it has to do with big fancy hats. And I like big fancy hats. So there you have it.

2 comments:

  1. This outfit is SO CUTE! I love the hat and the crochet!

    xoxo
    Stacey Kay
    “Runway Inspiration, Vintage Decoration”
    www.GoodwillHuntingg.com
    Cleveland Free Press: Goodwill Huntingg Shopping Guides
    Blogger spotlight: The Tree’s Roots
    My Vintage Handbag Line

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stacey Kay,

    Thank you so much. Do you have any suggestions for me? I just love it, but I feel so at a loss with it. But I'm not giving up yet!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs