July 28, 2015

Share the Covers--Leaving on a Jet Plane (2)

I've already featured another cover of this song by Peter, Paul and Mary, but I fell in love with this cover by one of my favorite bands, Slightly Stoopid . . . 


And it fits because last weekend I went on a little Mother/Daughter weekend to Las Vegas with my mom and little sister.  Of course, if you follow me on Instagram (and if you're not--you should IMO), you already know this.

It was a lot of fun--though too short of course.  Mostly it was just nice to spend time with my mom and sister.  They truly are two of my very best friends and I am so lucky to have such a great relationship with both of them.

This is not to say that we do not have our differences.  My sister, for example, is quite outgoing where I am more introverted.  My sister, much like her oldest daughter, makes friends with everyone she meets.  I'm not kidding you.  She came home with at least a dozen phone numbers.

And I don't mean men's numbers.  I mean the married couple on the shuttlebus.  I mean some of the women she met poolside at the hotel.  I mean that she made friends with taxi drivers, father and son guests of the hotel, children, old people, married people and waitstaff.

This girl, I tell you.  She could find a friend anywhere.  Meanwhile, I was over here all . . . let's not.  #nooffense #notapeopleperson

Blue Sequined Pencil Skirt-Forever 21
Boom Sweatshirt-3.1 Philip Lim for Target
Black Mules-Vera Wang
Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs