July 7, 2014

Mission Monday #37--Tulle-ing Around

What's funner than styling a tulle skirt?  For real.  I think it is one of the funnest pieces to style.  Tulle skirts have a reputation for being for young ballerinas or for more formal settings.  Yet, they are all over the everyday style scene.  So next week, we'll be styling tulle skirts.

How was everyone's holiday?  I had a great weekend.  Because of the way our parenting schedule sits, this was the first Fourth of July where I had all of my kids in six years.  Not to mention, it was Reilly's first Fourth of July.

We didn't do anything in particular but we watched and lit fireworks, we BBQed, we spent almost all weekend in the pool or sunning ourselves.  It was kind of like a vacation without going anywhere.  A kind of staycation at home.  Perfection.

Although there was one event.  My daughter deemed Thursday night her beloved stuffed frog's birthday so we had a party for him.  I got her a boxed cake mix from the store and she made red velvet cupcakes and frosting all herself.

I am so proud of my little baker girl.  She loves it and she is so very good at it too.  I've been very good about my diet and have managed to avoid smores, candy and even "flag cake" from the most amazing baker I know (she even did our wedding cake!). 

But I did split one of Brielle's cupcakes with Patrick and I have to say--the girl's got a talent.  Of course her love for baking comes at a time when I'm trying to avoid eating them but I am proud of her nonetheless.

Black Tulle Skirt-thrifted; Dane Cook Tee-from show; Silver Oxfords-thrifted; Silver Bag-Kohl's; Glasses-Bebe; Cuff-Kohl's; Earrings-Charming Charlie's

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs