July 23, 2011

Sweating Bullets



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Ladies, this is my absolute favorite sundress.  I got it for my first college graduation and have loved it ever since.  It dresses itself. Plus, it is a halter, which I love.  Might I add that it is the only halter in creation that I can wear sans bra and not look like a 12 year old boy in.  

Today has been the kind of Saturday that I have dreamed of having all summer.  I had not one single obligation.  I spent my morning cleaning the house (which has been embarrassingly neglected) because it was making me sick with clutter.  Also, since we are going on vaca next week (I LOVE saying that), I wanted to make sure we came back to a clean house.  Do you do this too?  Peggy told me that she does it too so I don't feel like such a freak. 

Pat had a race today.  I opted not to go, so it was just my little man, Kaden and I for most of the day.

We took a bike ride to Jack in the Box for dinner.  I'm not a fan of feeding my kids fast food for dinner, but when it's just Kaden and I, it's kind of like a little treat for the two of us.  I haven't had JitB forEVER.

I also had not been on my bike forever.  I used to love taking bike rides and I have not even had the chance to do so this summer at all!  I literally had to wash the cobwebs off the old Diamond Back.  

The ride was hot (obvs), so Kade and I stopped at this little park for a break on the way home.  I had anticipated as much and thankfully brought my camera and tripod in my good ole Coach cross body.  

Poor Kaden.  He gets so embarrassed when I take my outfit shots in public.  He is in that awkward  pre-teen stage where everything I do annoys or embarrasses the beJesus out of him. 

Case in point: Kaden-"Mom, what are you trying to do?" Me-"Twirl my skirt!" Kaden-"Well it's not working.  Can we go?"  . . . And so we did.

 Dress-Candie's
Sandals-Payless
Bag-Coach, gifted
Ring-Encore
Earrings-DIY, gifted
Sunnies-Elle for Kohl's



33 comments:

  1. Yes, I always clean before going away - it's hard enough coming home from vacation, but coming home to a messy house? that is enough to make you never want to go home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the opposite problem with halter tops--there is too much showing, in my opinion, and I tend to avoid 'em. Anyway, it fits you very well and is probably perfect for the heat (which has still not ventured to Oregon). It cracks me up that Kaden was so embarrassed about the photos. Keep it up, you're doin' something right! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this sundress! It's very figure flattering on you, and the print is so fun!
    Shasie of Live Life in Style
    Wrinkle In Time Vintage Giveaway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your sundress ... the back is soo sexy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute dress! And I love wearing my hair the way you have here during the summer. It keeps the heat off my neck and face. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL I know, he's such a riot! I wish I had that problem . . . sigh . . . . Thanks for your comment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally! My hair is curly and thick. Whenever I can in the summer, I wear it up off my neck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your sundress so feminine and trendy!!!
    http://chiccastyle.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww, love this dress. I can see why it has remained a strong favourite in your closet. Also love, love your hair + coach bag. xx veronika

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely LOVE your HAIR!!!! iT IS fabulous! Pretty pretty dress too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much Veronika! I appreciate that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you so much! What a sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  13. this is such a dress on you. you look beautiful. great photography too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so very much! What a great compliment. I really appreciate that! My son sometimes likes to direct my outfit photos. Sometimes. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I do the same thing...I always clean my apartment before I go on a trip because there is NOTHING better than coming back to a clean home...even to the point where I will stay up until like 3 AM the night before I leave. Beautiful dress! It looks great on you.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a fun print on that dress! And I love the hair. That style is what I miss most about my long hair.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can tell you love this dress. you look radiant (and not because of the heat!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you so much! Yeah, you should hear my vicious threats to my bf and my oldest son--"so help me if this house doesn't stay clean until we get back from vacation!" LOL just kidding. Sort of. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. OMGosh! Thank you so much for visiting. I really appreciate that. And your comment is so sweet. Yeah, sometimes during the summer I think chopping my thick curly mop off. But, then I remember that I can't pull off a fro as well as Macy Gray could. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Vanessa you are so sweet. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your dress is super cute! Perfect for staying cool!

    ReplyDelete
  22. The dress is sweet.. and I'm lovin' the milk maid braids. :)

    xx Love & Aloha

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your hair looks so cute up like this!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs