December 31, 2013

Mission #24, Day 2--Sequined Bolero

It's the second day of Mission Week and also the last day of 2014--say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat???  I decided to celebrate with this fun sequined bolero.  I was actually approached with it by a salesman in a thrift shop.  He was the cutest little thing.  And spot on with this bolero.  It is so much fun to wear!

Today, after our ultrasound, we are going shopping.  Car shopping.  For a minivan.  Yes, that's right.  My cool mom card is officially getting repo-ed today as I succumb to the undeniably necessary reality that I will need a car that can tote four children around.

I'm so bummed about it.  I told myself I would never drive a minivan.  But, I am going to have four kids--one of whom will be in a car seat.  Two of which are boys in various sports with equipment.  And all three of them have more active social calendars than I do.  So it's inevitable.

But I'm going to make it as cool as possible.  Black.  And I refuse to put those stick figure things on the back.  Or any kind of "my kid is better than yours" or "I brake for {insert various stereotypical motherly activity/memorabilia}" bumper stickers.

And I do realize that it will come in handy.  Getting just the three kids in and out of a sedan is kind of a pain in the butt as it is--especially when one of them has a friend or sporting equipment with them.  So the space will be nice for sure.  Even if it comes with the humbling of my image.  Sigh.  I'm getting old.  And domestic.

Mint Polka Dot Dress-c/o Shabby Apple; White Tights-Target; Platform Loafers-ANA, gifted; Sequined Bolero-thrifted; Sunnies-Target

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs