August 8, 2013

Mission #14--Day 4, 1980's Inspired

Of all the fashion decades, I think that the 80's are my least favorite.  Nonetheless, I decided to try my hand at an 80's inspired look for Mission Week.

There are a lot of ways you can go with the 80's, I'll give you that.  Neon, peplums, silk shirts . . . all children of the 80's.  But also--denim.  And thus, my denim vest was brought in the mix.

Also, harem pants.  AKA by children of the late 80's/early 90's as M.C. Hammer pants.  I bought these last fall I think and they are sooooo worth it.  So comfy and they have pockets!

I also figured it was appropriate to add my gold glitter smoking slippers since disco was ending as the 80's began.  It made for a fun look actually.

I was born in 1982, so I don't think I have quite the 80's nostalgia.  I was too young.  But they aren't old enough to me to be cool like the classic cuts of the 50's or the free spirit of the 60's and 70's.  Ya know what I mean?

Silk Harem Pants-eBay; White Tank-gifted; Denim Vest-Christopher & Banks, thrifted and DIYed; Gold Sequin Smoking Slippers-Target; Elephant Cuff-vintage; Earrings-gifted

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

1 comment:

  1. I'm a year younger than you but I LOVE everything 80s, especially the music! I'm so happy that denim vests are back in now...I feel like Kelly Kapowski wearing mine :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart
    Rad Market Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs