January 24, 2012

The Brews



MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

Every time I wear these plaid trousers, I am taken back to my high school days of punkdom.  I have talked about this before, but my high school looks consisted mostly of bright colors, various shapes, patterns and colors of nylons, oversized t-shirts with "profound" symbols and declarations on them, JNco's and Airwalks. 

There is a part of me that will never loose that rebellious side.  The punk rocker side.  The secret yearning to still dye my hair purple side.  But, alas, my job does not tailor well to some of these urges.  It does, however, tailor well to plaid trousers. 

My Tuesdays are always a bit more laxed.  It is the only day of the week that I do not have immediate obligations directly following work for the kids (tutoring, therapy, sports, etc.).  I love Tuesdays.  

My Tuesday started out extra sweet because Kaden made my coffee this morning.  Now, he has done this before.  But, I had to find a nice, "mom" way to get a cease and desist order on the Folgers pronto.  You see, as most children, Kaden really overestimates the amount of sugar needed in a cup of coffee.  So, I was nervous.  But, his age and his technique have vastly matured.  This cup of coffee was the shit!  Thanks Kade! 

I was giving my daughter a bath tonight, as I do every night, and she gets really quiet and serious and looks at me and says, "Mom, I gotta tell you something."  It should be said that earlier when I picked her up, she had a minor meltdown when I informed her that we were having tacos for dinner.  "Ok," I said, "what?"  "I love you," she says, "and I'm sorry for not wanting the tacos."  So cute.  

Ever since getting my Offbeat Bride book in the mail yesterday, I cannot put it down.  It is as entertaining as it is informative.  I really miss reading.  Admitted, I have not read a lot of books since college.  Between being bogged down with a full schedule and having reading loose its luster from educational reading years ago, it hasn't been on my top list of things to do.  But I'm realizing how much I miss it.

As mentioned yesterday, it was supposed to snow today.  And it did.  Sort of.  It just didn't stick.  At all.  Cool thing though, is that it looked and smelled like it rained.  It makes me ever so psyched for the appearance of spring!

 Speaking of psyched, Patrick and I are enjoying a root beer float and some stand up comedy at the moment, so I'm gonna sign off.  Go plaid.  Oi for beer.  Metal Horns and so forth. 







Plaid Bootleg Trousers-Wal-Mart (really old); Black Knit Sweater with Cowl Neck and Button Detail-Kohl's; Football Booties-Forever 21; Broach-vintage from Grandma; Heart Shaped Earrings and Heart Cutout Cuff-gifted; Fur Trimmed Canvas Jacket-Kohl's

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs