May 1, 2014

Mission #32, Day 4--Floral Track Pants

When I first found out I was pregnant, track pants were all the rage.  This worked to my advantage because they are (usually) drawstring waist.  So when I found out that they were on major sale at Nordstrom, I shamelessly ordered four (or five?) pairs.  These floral ones are an all time fave and another great way to show how to wear printed pants for Mission Week--with more prints!!!!

Today is May Day--Happy May Day everyone!  My mom texted me yesterday and told me she wouldn't mind a May Day baby.  So I'm relieved about that.  But . . .

She also reminded me that my sister and I actually did used to celebrate May Day back in the day.  There was a time when we would make flowers out of tissue and toilet paper and make little baskets and deliver them to our friends' doorsteps on May Day.  We were so creative.  And thoughtful. And modest--obvi.

There was another time we tried to celebrate May Day too.  When we lived in Denver, we tried to, ahem, help ourselves to some flowers around the neighborhood for our mom.  By neighborhood, I mean the neighbor's yards. 

We weren't trying to be destructive or to steal.  We really just kind of thought . . . if they were in the front yard, they were kind of for everyone.  And we would only take one . . . from each yard.   Until, that is, we got caught by a neighbor.  And she was P-I-S-S-E-D.  And we got scared and we ran home.

To simply exhibit the difference in personalities between my sister and I--my reaction was such as "OMG we're going to jail."  My sister on the other hand--"Woooo!  We're gonna be on the news!"

Floral Track Pants-Wayf at Nordstrom; Black Maternity Tank-Old Navy; Striped Blazer-Forever 21, thrifted; Saddle Oxfords-Payless; Necklace-c/o Uncommon Goods; Earrings-DIY and gifted; Sunnnies-shop in mall

Grab button for MISSION-WEEK

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs