September 2, 2016

Dear Frannie Friday--How to be Organized in the Morning

I get to work around 7:30 in the morning.  Before I even get there, I have already been up for three hours, ran two miles, taken blog photos, gotten myself ready for the day and, most importantly, made coffee.  I get asked all the time how I do it all.  The key, without question, is organization.


Tip #1: Do as much as you can the night before

 The night before a workday, I program the coffee.  I pack the kids' lunches.  I set out the meat for dinner.  I have my workout clothes put out and a bottle of water in the fridge.  Every Sunday, I set out all week's clothes including shoes, jewelry, sunglasses and bag (I have to get dressed in the dark and not wake anyone up, but it is also a HUGE timesaver).


Tip #2: Use all the tools you have

In my case, that means Pinterest.  Sorry, guys, but I use Pinterest to figure out what I'm wearing and what I'm cooking.  Having a meal plan really helps me to be ready at night for dinner, but also helps me to know what I'm pulling for dinner in the morning.  Also helpful, of course, is a coffee pot that can be programed and slow cooker for dinners that can be ready by the time that you get home.


Tip #3: Have a routine

The best way to not get half way to work and end up cursing and turning around because you forgot something is to have a routine so you always "know" when you are forgetting something.  When I took my new job and no longer had dropping the kids off as my repertoire, I actually missed it a lot.  But I also substitute that with leaving my kids a note in the morning.  This is not only a nice way for me to "see" them in the morning, but also helps them and Patrick with reminders for the morning and day. 


Tip #4:  Exercise, if you can

Look, I get it.  I used to be one of those people who side-eyed people who got up before the sun to get their workout in.  But now that I started running in the morning, I can't tell you how much of a difference it makes.  When I don't run, my brain doesn't function.  I tend to sleep in later, which causes a horrific domino effect of being late, rushing and forgetting things.


Tip #5:  Get enough sleep

On a similar note, you gotta get some sleep girl!  Get to bed with enough time so that you don't hit the snooze button half a dozen times before you get out of bed all groggy.  I get it, easier said than done.  But girl you better get it done.  Or your morning is gonna be ish.  Trust. 

Black Culottes-thrifted
Pale Pink Bell Sleeved Blouse-Inspyre Boutique
Sandals-Candie's
Necklace-Charming Charlie's
Bag-Coach, gifted
Earrings-Forever 21

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs