January 11, 2016

Make it Work Monday #31

I don't feel like I have been following Elements of Ellis for very long, but I do feel like I Pin for later nearly every outfit she posts.  Her style is relateable and seemingly effortless.  She is also active on other blogs, which I always feel is a plus.  There is nothing worse than telling a girl that you like their outfit in a genuine comment and never hearing from them.  Not to mention--she is a fellow self-photographer like me!  I love when I copy an outfit from another blogger and it works out.  This was one of my favorite outfits ever to wear.  Thanks for the inspiration, Kacie!

 Last week was full of ups and downs for me.  Nothing monumental--just a bunch of little shit.  How annoying is that?   Work has been super draining for me lately.  To put it into perspective, I billed 25 hours last week--in a normal month I bill 50-60 hours.  After being home with my kids for nearly two weeks, I found it very hard to get back into the 2 1/2 hour daily commute and the long days with or without lunch breaks.  On top of that, my niece went into the hospital with an infection.  She has spina bifida, so whenever she gets sick it is worrisome to me.  It was the limbo between the holidays being over and waiting for payday, nearly every dinner that I tried to make ended up ruined somehow or super late.  Patrick and I went on our second Whole30 on the 1st, but after one particular night after visiting my niece in the hospital, getting home really late, not having time to cook or meat pulled, I caved and made pizza.  And I ate said pizza.  And it only went downhill from there food-wise.

But on one particular night when I found myself crying from stress and exhaustion, Conner (of course), comforted me and told me that he just wanted me to be ok and that he loved me and didn't want me to be sad and he hugged me forever.  And Patrick brought home surprise roses and sent me a text about how he was behind any decision I ever make 100%.  And on another dinner disaster night, we all ended up going to Subway in our pjs for dinner ( . . . at like 9:00 p.m.).  And it is weeks like these, when my patience is tested, that I realize just how very much I really love my little/big family.  





Plaid Pants-thrifted
Oversized White Oxford Shirt-Walmart
Black Crop Top-American Apparel
Glitter Heels-Target
Bag-Bebe, gifted
Necklace-gifted
Earrings-DIY and gifted
Hat-vintage

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs