August 5, 2015

Mission #63, Day 3--Glittery

These gold smoking slippers have been a welcome and fun addition to my flats collection.  They really "lighten up" an outfit.  I say "lighten up" because EVERY time I wear them, people (in particular my boss . . .) makes the comment "Wow!  You could see those from a mile away!"

Currently, I am in typical oh-my-gosh-summer-is-ending-and-I-didn't-do-anything-I-wanted-to mode.  August will do that to me.  Sure, we went on vacation and had BBQs and swam and sunned and saw numerous baseball games.  But it still always seems like summer ends too quickly and before we know it, there's layers and a chill in the air and the sun sets quicker and ice cream makes way to warm pumpkin EVERYTHING.

I don't mind the fall at all.  The chilly air gives a nice break from the summer heat.  I am a soup aficionado.  I love sweaters and boots as much as the next girl.  But the problem that I have with fall is that a) people get WAY too excited about it, b) all the pretty flowers and green plant life begins to die and turn an ugly brown, and c) it means that REALLY cold winter is just around the corner. 

School starts for us in two weeks from today.  That's crazy.  It seems like just yesterday I was walking my kids home during the last week of school.  The silver lining here is that the kids come back to their school schedule meaning I get to see them LOTS more.

And I love ice cream.  And I love late summer walks.  And I love BBQs and swimming and sunshine.  But none of that means anything when I don't get to spend as much time with my little Conner and Ellie.  Welcome back kiddos.

Pear Printed Dress-eShakti, c/o
Light Purple Cardigan-gifted
Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted
Gold Smoking Slippers-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs